S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this blazer a few weeks ago in a package trade for a trailer. I finally got it to show signs of life when I replaced the ICM/Coil. I was looking for some recommendations on what to do about the fuel that may have sat in it for a while. The plugs that were in it were OEM ac delco and looked terrible. I was Looking for opinions on best plugs and wires and possibly any helpful tips on basically getting it road ready if possible. 93k miles great condition with working 4wd, I’d like to make it a nice little truck to pull my boat and play pretty much. Thanks for any help.
Finger Wood Thumb Household hardware Auto part
H

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,382 Posts
It's hard to go wrong with factory ignition parts.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I use Standard Ignition wires. I sold them for years at the counter and never had a return.
Plugs? AC Delco or Autolite copper.

Works for me.

·
Registered
686 Posts
AC Delco, NGK or Denso.

AC Delco is made by NGK.

They are in my opinion the best brands period when it comes to spark plugs.

I been running Parts Master spark plug wires in both a 1998 Blazer I owned before and currently in my 2003 S10 with no problems.

My S10 when I bought it last summer had Autolite copper plugs in it and it felt a bit off, switched to AC Delco coppers still felt a bit off, then switched to the Iridiums and just seems more responsive. So I personally recommend going with AC Delco Iridiums which is 41-993

·
Been there Done it
12,487 Posts
I agree with the guys who know that 4.3's are picky about plugs and wires. OEM is all I'd use.
Regarding the fuel, disconnect the fuel line before the filter and power up the fuel pump test port. It'll pump out most of the old gas. Obviously you will need a container to catch the old stuff and I'd do it outside for safeties sake. Having a fire extinguisher handy wouldn't hurt.
When the gas stops don't continue to run the pump. The fuel both lubes and cools it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.