S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
ohh man, I got mine for 145 at autozone
I think It was on sale though, on a side note, I have killed three of them, I don't know if I am impressed

·
Still 2 High
1,515 Posts
I've had mine for well over a year now and it took almost 2 months without driving it for it to lose its charge... I'm highly impressed with my Yellow top.

·
draggin plastic
3,131 Posts
yea i like mine. i bought it back in november when i got done with my truck and my two 450's were hurting the stock battery.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
See if your local Interstate battery dealer can get you a good price on one. I paid $130 or $135 about 2 years ago and have had no trouble with it.

PS Bought it through one of my buddies who is the dealer and most likely only gave a few dollars over his cost

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
I've been running mine for two or three years, never killed it. my viair 450 ran probably 5 times one night from 120-180psi with the truck off and it just kinda hesitated when i went to start it, but still started it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
whats beeter when it comes to compressors and audio? red top or yellow top?? ive heard the red is good to use!!

·
murse
13,200 Posts
^^^^i have too. is this true?? cuz i was gonna get a red top the other day from pepboys but wasnt too sure.

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
yellow tops are a "deep cycle" which i assume would mean they have more storing capacity than a normal battery which makes them harder to deplete all the way.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
The red top is a starting battery with a higher CCA rating, but the yellow top has deep cycle capacity, its not a true deep cycle battery, but it is able to be discharged all the way and recharged a couple times without diminishing the capacity of the battery, it also has a lower CCA rating.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i know this kid that sells yellows and blues for 65 and reds for 50 brand new i just have to wait until he gets more

1 - 14 of 14 Posts