S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Suicided Member
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a yellow top that just kicked the bucket after almost 3 years. The warranty on the battery was only for 1 year when I bought it. Looking at the store today I noticed the Optima's now have 3 year warranties. Has anyone had to deal with the new warranty for replacement. I've got to get a new battery tomorrow and am not wanting to throw out another $200 if it's gonna die after the warranty period. My stereo is running at 1650 RMS, but rarely used at anywhere near high volume (I know I need to upgrade the alt). I have to run the truck in a holiday parade on Sat morning, and tomorrow will be the only time I have to swap the battery out.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
I'd recommend a deka intimidator battery. The older optimas were great, the newer ones now suck.

·
Suicided Member
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx guys. Any other recommendations? Battery is going to be used for everything in truck (only battery), and truck sits a good bit through the winters.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts

·
Suicided Member
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
always something new
54,780 Posts

·
Suicided Member
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thx guys. I ended up getting a good deal on a screw up. Was searching Advanced Auto site and found 20% off and they had Red top listed at 59.99 (someone forgot to put in the 1 at the front, lol). Grabbed it on line for store pick up and walked out with 3 year free replacement for like 63.00 after tax. We'll see if this lasts any better.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I went to see if they still had any at that price...nope lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts