S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys..
Some opinions on what I got for Christmas - is it decent stuff or not.... A Pioneer 10" IMPP - dual cone sub and a Clarion APX200.2 amp... I have a reg cab S10 and for it I also got a wedge shaped box which is a tight fit behind my seat and a wiring kit along with paid installation. I'm not after BIG BOOMING high DB sound - just clean good bass to compliment my pioneer 4300 deck -Will all of this stuff go well with it? My dad says the guy he bought this stuff from told him that it will give nice clear sharp bass when hooked up in a bridged fashion?? and all of the power that I will probably ever need to do what I want. Opinions????
Neither my dad or I have any experience with sound equipment but said the guy where he bought it reccomended these pieces when he could have tried to sell him any higher priced combination and didn't. Should I try and upgrade to bigger/better/more wattage deal or are these reasonably good quality and power choices??
Thanks for your input.. Kev

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
Yeah, that's some decent stuff. The amp should do quite nicely with a single sub setup. I've never been a big fan of Pioneer subs, but you may like the sound. I say go ahead and have it all installed (especially since it's paid for:D ) If you dont like the way it sounds, you can always upgrade later. Good 10" subs are becoming pretty inexpensive these days, so if you decide to change, it wont break your wallet. All in all, though, you should be pretty happy with that set up. It'll add a little punch to the low end and help round out the overall sound of your system

·
Registered
99 Posts
not bad

like you said, you don't want any high db system so that should work just fine. they are not great subs or amp but for your purpose they will serve their purpose. it will give you some bass to compliment your tunes so install it and happy bumpin.

be warned though, most bass heads start out with small systems. first, its just 1 10 to give you some boom......then you like it so much that you want another 10......then you like it so much you decide to upgrade to 12s......then a bigger amp.....and so on. i have seen it many a time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts