S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here goes I now have a Cameo bumpercover along with a roll pan on its way for my red gen 1 I want some opinions as what to do. I was thinking about a black then flame the black at the cab to all red in the rear... one of my friends was thinking fo it all red which this could be cool in its own as well.. painting the grill and the mirrors all red. any other suggestions woul dbe welcomed its a 90 Red S-10 reg cab.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blazin said:
I think solid red on the very front to red ghost flames fade into all black would look killer.
i agree there except black shows more dents dings and dirt... and the bed is thetrouble area even after the work im aouto do to it it still wont be perfect thats why i was thinking black front end which has a clean bod and red rearend? or red all around and make a solif paint job

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I have an all black truck...And I have to say that while it looks great from a distance, if you get up close you can see all the chips and scratches from road debris on the front end. Its especially bad if the truck is lowered.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
01ZQ8 said:
I have an all black truck...And I have to say that while it looks great from a distance, if you get up close you can see all the chips and scratches from road debris on the front end. Its especially bad if the truck is lowered.
well it looks like all red is where it is headed with that addition it is gonn be lowered 3/4 i think for a zq8 approx ride not slammed but a lot lower need to get rid of the body roll :D

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
the black issue

I disagree...you should see my truck..it is a daily driver...it has no door dings...very minor chips in the front...I think it really depends on the owner...if you tailgate people, where you park...how you wash it..how many times you wash it...Mine looks great from and distance and looks even better up close...its like a looking into a mirror...so smooth and shiny!! I wash it about 3 times a week to make sure that is doesn't start to turn that off black grimie looking black and I think that it help to keep it so shiny...

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: the black issue

xtremer-pxl said:
I disagree...you should see my truck..it is a daily driver...it has no door dings...very minor chips in the front...I think it really depends on the owner...if you tailgate people, where you park...how you wash it..how many times you wash it...Mine looks great from and distance and looks even better up close...its like a looking into a mirror...so smooth and shiny!! I wash it about 3 times a week to make sure that is doesn't start to turn that off black grimie looking black and I think that it help to keep it so shiny...
yeh thats the big problem that i do know with black... esp here i cant wash my truck that often for one because of weather hell it has rained every other day here the past week and i have the wondeful coat of dirt and water lines on the dsides of the truck.... but cant wash it because weather isnt permitting.. and if you go get that REAL carnuba wax like from a dealership that is like 30 for a small container you wont have to do it that often... but heat here sux on black pain too... but that carnuba wax does wonders i went from oxidized red after buffing with a compound and that wax other than the paint that has oxidized off in a couple spots and the dings it looks almost new... and has been through another wash since the wax job. that wax was worth every penny i didnt have to pay.. roomie is a car salesman hehehehe

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
you could paint everything red, then throw some flames on it, if thats wha you want. maybe a nice yellow/orange flipflop paint going all the way down the truck. i've seen a whole car painted in the yellow/orange, in bright sun its yellow and in indirect light its orange, it definatlly stood out!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Re: the black issue

xtremer-pxl said:
I dont have any door dings or anything like that. I guess it all depends on the road conditions too... If you live here in MI, there is always construction :bash: which means 2 things. One, there is always dirt and rocks and sh!t on the road. Two, you will never be able to keep it clean. I could wash my truck 3 times a week and it still wouldnt look clean. The only way to truly keep it clean is to wash it in your driveway and leave it there.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha it is the same as that here in TX as well.. sux because the weather changes daily so it is impossible o keep clean and dings and chips..... yeh right too much going on around here to not get them... i wish i lived in a perfect city that never had anything going on to cause problems like that ehehehehe:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HERE THEY ARE THE PIX TO BE CHOPPED

ok all you photo shoppin foos i need some handy work this is the truck as is currently
here it is after the friend who took is chopped it by the way that is his si on the otherside of the truck nice lil ride very clean and no ricer jokes only thing he has that is rice is the coffecan exhaust and the overall car loox good (as amazing as it sounds) but here is his version of my truck i think it looks pretty good

http://www.webphotos.com/list_photos_edit.asp?mi=1&smi=1&a=44455 here are the rest of the shots
sorry it is dirty weather here in dallas has sucked and well it was a spur of the moment pic he happened to have the cam at work

·
Registered
214 Posts
You want my opinion? A-Team was the best TV show ever on television.

That's just my opinion.

-Chris

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok This is the truck Pretty damn clean

and this is the damager i have to fix i dont think you can see it really well or not:

its nice over all a nice straight body except for that on the bed an a little bit on the other corner of the bed that i cant get a good picture to show it cuz it is so minor... but the driver side looks worse ugghhh but im working on it wish i couldfind another bed for it though ne ideas or know of some either gen 2 stepside beds or know where a bed is around the Dallas area let me know

oh yeah thats my brothers Saturn behind my truck no i would never own one he thinks its the best car.... I dotn see it but then again his taste in women is odd too... go figure

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmmm....

there is a slight problem with your pals idea. He wants you t flame it, from red into ghost? the problem wit this is there is no color between red and black. On the color chart I mean. Have you ever seen one of those ugly ass conversion truck fade jobs? thats what your truck will look like. Ghost flames are ok I guess, but its hard to fade a color into them, because it destroys the point of the ghost flames in th first place. No offense to your pal there.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hey Hutch

Those look like western wheels,I could really use them for a 79 Z-28 I'm restoring back to original.If you want to get rid of them let me know!

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JLAudio11 said:
HEY HUTCH
My truck looks almost exactly like that right now. This spring its gettin repainted Chevy Indigo Blue.
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=3052
im still nto sure what color to go i know i have a cameo bumper cover for it might have a sy/ty grill for it and a roll pan for it.. as for the color im not real sure i know it will be shaved completely though and i am strongly thinking of midnight blue.. and it is getting a 3/4 drop very soon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts