S-10 Forum banner

Opinions.......on SLpEng....Stage 1 Performance Kit....... !

2K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Liftedbronco 
#1 ·
SLP.....Engineering has
a Stage 1 Performance setup
for S-series trucks..........!
It has a cold air box.w/ Free
flowing Filter and stainless
steel Cat Back exhaust and a
160 degree..........Thermo stat......!
its a One In two out setup........!
Stage 1 is posed to add 15 horse to a V6
its $466.00........!
Do you think thats a
good setup and price
........ For a V6
S10...... ?
................. There is a Stage 2
aswell........!
For $99.00......... on top of the Stage 1
componets is Higher ratio roller rockers
arms 1.6 ratio.............!
Stage 2is posed to add 30 horse to a V6......!
What do you guys think...........thinks its worth the money... ?

See less See more
#2 ·
You already have the drop in filter. See my posts for a description on modding the airbox, making a homemade heat sheild and Porting and polishing the MAF that on a dynojet yeilded the same numbers as most aftermarket kits. As far as a catback goes. Save your money, buy a flowmaster 40 series with either a turndown if its a pickup or stock tail if its a blazer. As far as the thermostat goes, it's been proven that if you dont reprogram the ECU to match the therm you will see no benefit. As far as the rockers go, couldn't tell ya. 30 horse seems like a lot for what amounts to a .1 increase in ratio over stock. Just some thoughts...

#3 ·
Where did you find out about those two "stages?" The reason I ask is cuz I was going to look into the roller rockers but couldn't find anything about them on the web page. Please let me know.

thanks,

Jeff

#6 ·
Cool - I'll have to take a look at it. Maybe I'll just call 'em, too.

Thanks,

Jeff

#8 ·
Thanks, but I checked the website and couldn't find anything. Maybe they just haven't updated lately.

Jeff

#10 ·
SLP

Its not on line. Call 1-248-435-4878 for info. Its a diff Division of
SLP for trucks, Its new.

#12 ·
I've called them about the stage 2 roller rockers and they're still in the testing stage. they said they should be out in a couple of weeks. We'll see. And they're going to be a direct swap - no extra work needed, which will be nice.

Jeff

#14 ·
Will the rockers be 1.5 or 1.6 or both? Did you ask?

#16 ·
Yeah, they're 1.6 ratio. It'll be nice if they truly just swap in place. I agree with you that they shouldn't be advertising them as being available unless they truly are. But, what can ya do? OK - I know nothing about engines, really, so what will these 1.6 ratio roller rockers do? I know rollers are better than the regular ones, but what about the increased ratio? They're advertising a 15 horse gain, but where does this gain come in the power band? I'd like it to be top-end, due to my serious lack of top-end power right now.

Jeff

#18 ·
sorry to rain on your parade guys....heres the deal. '94-'02 trucks come with 1.5 ROLLER tipped rockers. Putting a full roller in there will help a little....also going from 1.5 to 1.6 is a very large increase in lift. 30hp is what id expect. The other issue is that they WILL NOT just bolt on...not unless they somehow keep them from hitting the valve guides, keep the pushrods from binding in their holes and um...make the pushrods the right length to begin with. Talk to bill mach ...he's developing a package for us right now...its on his website.

#19 ·
Hey FORD guy. 4.3s do not have roller tiped rockers. they have self aligning rockers.and 1.5 to 1.6 is not very large change.

#20 ·
rip him a new hole wicked, o yeah when am i going to get a shot at your X???? you going to the gmforum.com mmeet in aakron ohio, i'd love to run ya out at the track there

#22 ·
2001 blazer here, 4.3L anyone have some ideas for me for some bolt-ons??? I gotta be mid/high 15's for summer!!!!! (goin civic Si huntin) : )
any suggestions????

#23 ·
well...i was told that 4.3's have roller something, but u would need new rockers that are "full roller" to have...well..."full roller."
But anyway, ive looked into this ALOT and had many a discussion with bill mach and blueskyjack (who just had it all done to his heads and stuff). So if we could get either of them in here...they can come up with some definitive answers.
What i was told by mach, though, was 1.6 rockers will never be a true bolt on mod...thats why i dont have em yet and agree that getting a set of salvage heads and gettin em all built up is the way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.