S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a B&M Shift Plus Electronic Shift Improver for M80 Automatics and a Flex-a-Lite Black Magic Heavy Duty Electra-Fan :D for a 4.3L from Jegs, how much do you think these will help my performance, especially in 1/4 times?

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured. I'm not like the import guys who put on intake and think it'll take off a half a sec. LOL! I've heard good things about both those mods, what do you guys think of them? I looked at a ton of fans until I chose that one.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i have the shift improver and love it. and as far as the fan goes, i plan on getting the same one. lemme know how it works out for ya as far as peformance and ease of instalation and all tha good stuff!:thumbup: how much was it with shipping?:confused:

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've heard good things about the shift plus too. It was $237.97 with shipping. That's one powerful fan! :evilg: There goes some x-mas money lol!

·
2,186 Posts
SS4Real said:
Yeah I've heard good things about the shift plus too. It was $237.97 with shipping. That's one powerful fan! :evilg: There goes some x-mas money lol!
damn, i didnt know the price.:cry: oh well, lemme know if you think the $220+ is worth it.:thumbup:

·
2,186 Posts
joe said:
that fan is $190. from summit racing + like $7. shipping i have one its one of the best performance mods i have done.
just my opinion.
what kind of gains did you see from it?:confused:

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, $237 was my total with the shift improver and $7 shipping. It was the same price as summit's - $190, I picked jegs because they had the shift improver cheaper. :D I'm glad to hear that it worked so well for you joe, I'll let u guys know what I think of the e-fan. :idea:

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
again....i wish i wan't just some poor college guy so i could but all these goodies.....oh well......i may be 80 by the time i'm done with her but it'll be great to see the faces on those lil sh!ts in the future when some old man leaves em smoke:thumbup:

·
2,186 Posts
joe said:

i don't have any real hp numbers but it did make a big diference. especially going us some of the hills around here.i don't have to have it floored any more to make it up them doin 80mph +. and better acceleration off the line.
sweet, just what i was hoping to hear!:thumbup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone heard if the ShiftPlus performance is better than the performance of the Hypertech Programmer III? Both are supposed to give you better, firmer shifts but I was wondering if one outperformed the other (was thinking about getting the Hypertech). Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts