S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is rediculous, but I can't make up my mind, so here goes ...

I finally got an iPod. Brand new, just got it. 30GB, music, video, photos, etc. and a hardshell case for it. My dilemma is that I can't help but think that I could take it back and downgrade to the iPod nano 2GB and use that extra money (≈$130) on something else.

My current arguments to keep the 30GB iPod are ...
- it has many, many times more storage, so I'd never be without one of my songs at any given moment.
- the photos and video can come in handy occasionally, like for watching a movie on a plane flight or something.
- the gift cards and such that I got for my birthday offset the price of it such that I'm only out $100 of my own money.

My current arguments for taking it back and downgrading ....
- I could get plenty of playtime on the Nano and just switch up the playlist occasionally.
- photos and video won't get utilized that much since the iPod doesn't double as a camera.
- I have a laptop for photos and as for movies, I would already have seen it by the time I get it loaded to the iPod.
- currently saving to pay for my upcoming honeymoon in Jamaica, so the price difference would be extra money in the bank.
- the size would be nicer because it will be less bulky.
- if it got broken, I'd feel like I was less out-of-pocket.

Like I said, this is dumb, and I'm surprised it's bugging me this much, but I keep going back and forth on it. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

·
draggin plastic
3,131 Posts
I have a 2GB iPod Nano and really wish i would have stepped up to the bigger one. You say you don't mind changing out the songs and playlists, but after awhile that got old. I have mine hooked up to my Pioneer 590iB headunit, which is great by the way, but there are those times when I wish there was more than just those 2GB of music.

·
Red X = Pure Sex!
3,366 Posts
Get the 8 GB Ipod Nano. My friend just got his and it holds about 96 hours of music. Definitely enough songs.

·
Welding Member
6,314 Posts
i got my 2gb for like 10$ an it dont bother me to change out songs every couple weeks or so plus it stil hooks up to my pioneer so yea i say go with the nano an save some green

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get the 8 GB Ipod Nano. My friend just got his and it holds about 96 hours of music. Definitely enough songs.
That's the option a retard would take, IMO ..... the 8GB Nano costs the exact same as a 30GB regular iPod, but has less storage and fewer features. The size isn't a big factor if you ask me. Sure it'd be nice, but not worth the difference.

Thanks for the other comments, though. I always thought I would get a Zune instead of the iPod, because I didn't like spinning around the wheel to select or change the volume. I got used to it though, so whatever.

·
Red X = Pure Sex!
3,366 Posts
That's the option a retard would take, IMO ..... the 8GB Nano costs the exact same as a 30GB regular iPod, but has less storage and fewer features. The size isn't a big factor if you ask me. Sure it'd be nice, but not worth the difference.

Thanks for the other comments, though. I always thought I would get a Zune instead of the iPod, because I didn't like spinning around the wheel to select or change the volume. I got used to it though, so whatever.
Didnt know anything about the prices. Not into ipods myself. I have a Samsung mp3 player, because it was cheaper. :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
This is rediculous, but I can't make up my mind, so here goes ...

I finally got an iPod. Brand new, just got it. 30GB, music, video, photos, etc. and a hardshell case for it. My dilemma is that I can't help but think that I could take it back and downgrade to the iPod nano 2GB and use that extra money (≈$130) on something else.

My current arguments to keep the 30GB iPod are ...
- it has many, many times more storage, so I'd never be without one of my songs at any given moment.
- the photos and video can come in handy occasionally, like for watching a movie on a plane flight or something.
- the gift cards and such that I got for my birthday offset the price of it such that I'm only out $100 of my own money.

My current arguments for taking it back and downgrading ....
- I could get plenty of playtime on the Nano and just switch up the playlist occasionally.
- photos and video won't get utilized that much since the iPod doesn't double as a camera.
- I have a laptop for photos and as for movies, I would already have seen it by the time I get it loaded to the iPod.
- currently saving to pay for my upcoming honeymoon in Jamaica, so the price difference would be extra money in the bank.
- the size would be nicer because it will be less bulky.
- if it got broken, I'd feel like I was less out-of-pocket.

Like I said, this is dumb, and I'm surprised it's bugging me this much, but I keep going back and forth on it. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

-I have the iPod nano which holds 1000 songs and it's done me just great, I think. Plus, once you get sick of certain songs, you can always uncheck them to take them off the iPod, and add new ones that you like. That way you get the music you want on there, and you get the extra cash by taking the other iPod back. That just seems like a good idea to me, but that's my opinion.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
the only time i would use it would be in my car so its a waste to me, make some mp3 discs, if that wont work and you dont want discs get a deck with a usb intput and like a 20gig harddrive. To me its something else someone can see and steal. Atleast a hard drive you can hid under the seat or something

·
Trick Motor Sports
137 Posts
my cousins boyfriend has a ipod has like 300 songs and he has it in his truck to his stereo so they come in handy if u look at it this way, listen to any song you want too, like 300 of them or however many yours can hold beats going through how many cd's? my cousins boyfriend has the ipod nano

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, in regards to putting songs on a mp3 CD, I doubt I'll be buying a new head unit anytime soon, because the stock head unit works fine for me. The thing I like about the iPods over the mp3 CDs is that I can change the library on the iPod a lot quicker and easier than having to burn another CD when new music comes out and I want to add songs to a particular mix. I could downgrade to the Shuffle and get over $200 back and still have more songs than a data CD. The 2GB Nano I mentioned will hold about 500 songs.

Not that it's a problem, but an iPod won't skip like a CD can, either.

I just grabbed a FM transmitter on eBay and will do that for the time being. My fiance uses one and it works pretty well. Hers is nothing like this one, but so long as this one on eBay works as good as hers, it'll suit me just fine for now.

http://item.express.ebay.com/Consumer-Electronics_MP3-Players-Portable-Audio_Apple-iPod-MP3-Player-Accessories_FM-Transmitter-Charger-dock-REMOTE-for-iPod-Nano-Video_W0QQitemZ260140887879QQihZ016QQptdnZAppleQ20iPodQ20Q26Q20MP3Q20PlayerQ20AccessoriesQQddnZConsumerQ20ElectronicsQQadnZMP3Q20PlayersQ20Q26Q20PortableQ20AudioQQptdiZ332QQddiZ945QQadiZ500QQcmdZExpressItem

But it still doesn't make up my mind about downgrading to a Nano. :sigh: I dunno .... I'll probably just keep it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts