S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was taking my front shocks out to put the bags in and had a little accident. I snipped the brake line right by the upper control arm. How much of a pain is this going to be to fix and how do I go about it?

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Kewl!!

You might be able to find an inline splice with some ferrells* and put it between the two parts of line, then just tighten it up and youre done.:dunno:

·
Registered
66 Posts
that wouldn't be very wise, you're playing with your life. pay the 25 bucks at napa and replace it.

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
wha???

youre talkin hard line right? or the rubber hose? If its the hose, yeah replace it, but if its hard line, you can put a connector in it and its just like theres no cut. he siad line, so i'm thinkin hard line and I dont think you can buy that at Napa. Maybe a long straight piece and then bend it, but not a pre bent line I dont think. I could me wrong though. I was wrong once i think:rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
good call, thought only of the rubber one.

how the hell did you cut the hard line?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
if it is the hard line you need to bend a straight piece to fit, then double flange the end for the fitting. this can not be done with normal tools, need a flange kit. lata

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i actually did cut the hard line. The moral behind this story is never give someone with limited mechanical skills a 4 and a half inch grinder. Don't ask how it happened, I'll never explain something that embarassing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts