S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Static Slammed
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
finally the weather cooperated with me last weekend and i got to paint my dash these pictures dont show its full potential but its getting dark already and its not even 5 o clock (damn you daylight savings!!) any way here she is sanded texture off with 220 grit sand paper then sanded every thing super smooth with 600 then couple coats of primer couple coats of Plasti-Kote Victory Red touch up paint and 10 coats of DuPont Touch up clear coat

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
I've got a question, when you are doing the vents, how do you get them out.. Is it like self explanitory once you get dash off, or can you get them out wihtout taking the dash off?

·
Static Slammed
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for the vents all you do is stick a flat head screwdriver in beside the vent pry it in towards the vent a little and pull the vent out and i didnt paint the whole vent i just did the outside part of it and to get the vent apart just squeeze the things on the sides of the vent that look like "V"s youll see once you get them out then it comes apart and you dont have you take the dash off to take out the vents

·
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
295 Posts
that looks awesome!! but 10 coats of clear?!?! you dont ever want taht to come off. my friend has a 94 s10 red with the gray 2tone and the whole interiior trim is hot rod green. looks just like yours but really friggin out of place. how did you sand your vents on the inside of the cross pieces?

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
That was hella alot of shiny there. That is not my thing really, I usually only use two and maybe three coat of clear just to make sure...but 10? Holly jesus if the sun hits that right you will go blind :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts