S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
What "Search&q uot ; Button?
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather here was a "warm" 60 degrees yesterday, so I washed the truck and took some pictures. I put the clears, grille, and bra on. Yeah yeah I know, bra? :barf:
I've had the truck less than a month and I already have a few 3" scratches on it. My 98 had a bug shield, but I didn't like the way it attached. (screws into the bottom of the hood) so I opted for the bra.

Enjoy!

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Truck looks real good. Just sucks to take the bra off in a year and have scratchs under it, I think it looks better than a bug deflector though. Any more plans ? Is it a 4.3?

·
Fatty~BooM~Daddy
4,239 Posts
looks nice man were did u get ur grill inserts from an how much??

·
What "Search&q uot ; Button?
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Puddle Jumper,
I got the bra from summitracing.com
It was $35.

About the scratching under the bra, I had the same thing happen to my 98 because of the bug shield, the edges rubbed the hood almost bare! :doh:
So I guess I'm damned if I do...

blksdime03,
The grill was picked up off ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33645&item=2449787036

It attaches with zipties. I have some plastic spacers I made that it rests on, keeping it away from the plastic grille itself (to stop it from scratching in the corners, it's a tight fit.)

Thanks for the comments guys, there's more to come..Muhhahahaha! :chomp:

·
Wantin' Somethin' Xtreme
17 Posts
I'm prolly getting step shavers for Nobel's Birthday...Shh! Don't tell him! My mom is getting a spray in bed liner for Chris for Xmas. I'd like to paint all the gray plastic black at the same time we paint the 'shavers. Efan, different lights, tint, etc. Geesh! This toy is getting expensive!

·
Wantin' Somethin' Xtreme
17 Posts
Blue...Don't go into the light! They're from APC and they're POS. We're still up in the air about who to purchase from next. We've only had these on either truck for about a year max and they're deteriorating!

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
Thx for the heads up.

Those are before APC started putting the amber inserts in I guess.

I keep hearing good things about procarparts.com clear corners

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Nobels_Grl said:
Blue...Don't go into the light! They're from APC and they're POS. We're still up in the air about who to purchase from next. We've only had these on either truck for about a year max and they're deteriorating!
WTF? I've had the APC diamond clears since they came out basically (almost 2 years now), they still look brand new and never fog up, so how can they possibly be deteriorated?

·
Short Bus Anonymous
7,034 Posts
MINTSICK said:
WTF? I've had the APC diamond clears since they came out basically (almost 2 years now), they still look brand new and never fog up, so how can they possibly be deteriorated?
Mine did...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts