S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these questions get asked all the time.. i looked through pages and pages of stuff and didnt find the answer i was looking for..

Im looking to do a one sub, one amp setup in my ext. cab, im also on a budget (im trying to get into it for 4-500) but i want it to POUND! I have 2 12s now in a prefab box on a no-name amp and im ready to do something that actually sounds good AND gets loud.

i was thinking maybe a Kicker 15 l7 w/ a hifonics amp? (i think ebayin it i can get it in my price range) But my one audio buddy friend slams on kicker all the time and thinks its gonna break..

SUGGESTIONS?

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Buy 1 XXX RE 18. and 1 BXi 2006. You will wang with the best!

if you wanna go small get 1 12" or 1 15" SX RE sub, and a Hifonics BXi1206

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Whats so great about RE? i see people pretty much raving about it on s10forum but have never heard the name anywhere else and niether has anyone i know that isnt part of s10forum. Also, where can i even buy one? I couldnt find a direct order thing from REs site and no local audio places carry it..

Also, Hifonics brutus 1206d is the perfect amp for my price range :D , i have it pretty much in my mind to go with hifonics amp already, hard part is getting a cheap enough sub to go with it thats not a piece of junk.

more suggestion? :D

·
SUICIDE: The Only Answer
3,199 Posts
RE subs can take whatever you throw at them and still sound good. Thats what makes them so great. :)

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
I love my RE's you can call them from their website and order them. Check out my vid in my sig, i know the sound quality sucks, but the camera couldn't take 145+ dbs, which i should be doin 150+ now.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have actually been trying to call them for the past 30 mins or so.. its either ring and no answer, or busy..

I was however able to find out there direct prices, 405 shipped for a XXX 12 i think, which would put me over budget :( .. still looking for alternatives but ive seen only tons and tons of praise heaped on RE.

Hifonics bxi1206d = 255 shipped +
RE XXX 12" = 405 shipped = 660 right there which is really like 160 over my budget :(

more suggestions can only help ! :D

·
Got Boost?
1,276 Posts
buy my jl setup. JL 10w7 and Jl 500/1. Perfect system in my ext. cab right now. I need to sell it. Pm if interested.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doesnt really matter now, after being run off the road by a semi on my way home from work, system is on the backburner while i replace my ball joint, idler arm, pittman arm, tire rods..

:/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts