S-10 Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just saw AWD V8's thread about people not posting up results after fixing their problems in threads and saw that I never posted back in this one. I ended up ripping the rear light harness apart and totally replacing the ground wire for my tail lights to get them to work. There was a break in it somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if I'll get a response since this thread is 3 years old but after purchasing new LED tail lights and replacing a busted multifunction switch (with a used one pulled from the junk yard) my drivers side brake light has stopped working. Now it worked just fine until the other night. The turn signals, hazards, and marker light work but when I step on the brake only the passenger side will brighten.

·
Early Member
3,122 Posts
When you say it "worked fine the other night" was that before or after you did the work? Check the bulbs and voltage at the socket. Sometimes buying used electrical parts is a gamble. That is why I try to avoid used electrical.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I joined this forum recently because my driver side brake/signal went dead. I just fixed it! Under the dash just to the left of the steering column I found a plug. The signal(yellow)wire was flashing going in but not on the opposite side. I ran a jumper wire and everything is working for now. Thanks for all the info I found on here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2000 S-10 and just had the same sort of problem. I noticed my Left-Hand blinker was going fast. So I checked everything and found that my Left-Rear signal,brake,and hazzard light would not come on. So first I tried a new bulb, nothing. Next I cleaned up the grounds along the side of the frame towards the rear. Still nothing, so next I was going to follow the wire back to the front but I tried real quick swapping the tail light bulb with the brake light bulb and it everything works!! Strange but beats a ticket!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2000 s10 everything works until the lights are on and then if i hit the brake it kills the drivers side tag light, tail light and brake light. Also my cruise shuts off if i use the blinker. Any ideas would help. I’ve checked the wires under the bed and changed the bulbs

·
Been there Done it
8,187 Posts
Most likely a broken ground wire or dirty connection at the frame or one of the ground junction blocks. Those wires have a nasty habit of breaking up inside the insulation because moisture will wick up a copper wire.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts