S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
spark it or park it
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellas quick question on my smc 3/8 valves....I have four valves for f/b....My set up is 2 viair 350, and 2 3 gal tanks. The tanks have a compressor going to each tank and the tanks are connected together with 3/8 line. Then from each tank there is a line going to the valve for the front set up and the same for the rear....The rear valves aren't hooked up to anything just sitting there basically. I could hit the switch for the rear and just blow air and thats all, but when the front is air up and the tanks are over 100psi, when I hold open the rear valve and just let air pass through when the tank pressure drops below 100psi the front will drop slowly...I talked to Adam at SSD and he had no idea what the hell was going on that made two of us..I plan on getting to check valves to put in line from the tanks to each fill valve will that help or are the valves faulting. The valves are new bought from SSD....thanks for any help.....I would post a pic but I have to reduce them first.....

·
Cannabis Guru
53 Posts
u should get a check valve

it sounds like its passing back through the up valve into the tank and out the rear

so get a check valve so the air can only go one way and not back the other and put it right after the valve or right on the airbag

·
spark it or park it
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is this common with electric valves....

·
spark it or park it
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so a check vlave will fix my problem...thanks fellas

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Dj Fx said:

it sounds like its passing back through the up valve into the tank and out the rear

so get a check valve so the air can only go one way and not back the other and put it right after the valve or right on the airbag
Wrong.

Check again.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Southern said:
Wrong.

Check again.
What was he wrong about. Seems right to me. Air is going out the rear valves and since there is no pressure on the back of the front valves causes the valves in the front not to hold closed all the way letting the front of the truck down.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
cab said:
dont all viairs come with check valves in the leader hose?
Yep

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dj Fx said:

you need to put the check valve right before the fill valve. not at the bag oafter your dump because how are you going to let the air out of the bag if you are trapping it in there with a check valve

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
NCHEVYHEVN3 said:
What was he wrong about. Seems right to me. Air is going out the rear valves and since there is no pressure on the back of the front valves causes the valves in the front not to hold closed all the way letting the front of the truck down.
Read this and find out.

dropped01X said:
you need to put the check valve right before the fill valve. not at the bag oafter your dump because how are you going to let the air out of the bag if you are trapping it in there with a check valve

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Southern said:
Read this and find out.
Duh I didn't read the last part. :troutslap My bad

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
smcs need back pressure to hold them closed. if you say it only does this then you hold open the valves for the rear and drain the tanks.. why are you doing that anyway? so if you dont drain the tanks then your fine?.... if im reading that right.

·
spark it or park it
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What it is doing if the front is air up and the back is not and the tank psi had lets say 115 psi.... If i fill the rear bags and the tank psi drops below 100 the front drops regardless of the psi in the front bags or rear....

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
almost sounds like you have the valve in backwards man from what i could make out of this thread.

are saying that when you open the rear valve the front drops[slowly]? if so then i bet you got the valve in backwards...

·
spark it or park it
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the valve is right and I bout some check valves from the parker store and the problem is fixed. I can air up the front and completely air out the tanks and the front stays up...Thanks for everyones help and input......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts