S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question folks. I found a nice set of Chevy Rally wheels for my 2001 S10. They are 15 x 7 215 75/15's but he does not list the offset. Should an older set of Chevy Rally wheels fit a second gen chevy s10? They are 15 x 7 like my current ones, but not sure of the offset. It is such a great deal I want to snag these wheels up, but I just don't know it they will directly swap out on my truck? Any help from a guru would be appreciated.

thanks,

Howard

·
the new guy
732 Posts
I think some people have those on theirs. check the phot gallery area. if the pics are not on here, for sure they have them on facebook in s10s of texas and s10 connection

·
time to get cereal
2,284 Posts
I thought a lot of those wheels are 5x5 and not 5x4.75, make sure the bolt pattern is correct.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dad had a set of 15x7 Rally wheels on his 2WD '84 S10 Blazer, 215/65-15 tires. They fit fine on a stock truck, but the tires were really close to the tie rod ends. Nothing ever rubbed, but when we tried Belltech drop spindles, the tie rods hit and we ended up sending the spindles back.

·
Been there Done it
7,118 Posts
Pretty sure that GM OEM Corvette and Camaro rallys are 0 offset. Same a 2wd S10.
If they're aftermarket clones??? But probably close to 0.
There used to be a lot of s10's running them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Agree, should fit fine, only if you have 2 inch drop spindles will they not fit because they will hit the tie rods, sometimes you can grind the tie rod and they will clear sometimes you can't.

and the lug pattern is definitely the same.

·
Old Fart
2,980 Posts
Just don't use the ugly top hat caps, either use the disc brake caps or the plain "poverty" caps. 😎

·
Bowtie Supply, RIP
147 Posts
Just a word of caution, the 67-69 Camaro/Corvette type Argent Silver rally wheels have a different lug nut angle seat if they are the rally wheels from the '60's & '70's. The cone shape on the lugnuts are different. I've been outa the business for nearly 20 years now and haven't heard anything about this and don't know if anybody's been heeding this warning. The metric lug nuts have a wide rounded cone shape that doesn't seat properly on the wheel. If the wheels truly are older style, you may want to consider changing the wheel studs to non-metric SAE thread and matching nuts. Hope this helps.

·
Old Fart
2,980 Posts
How do you know? He doesn't state what vehicle the wheels came off of... fullsize trucks, vans, and a lot of B-bodies use 5x5", not 5x4.75".
The Rally wheels came on Corvettes and Camaros which were 5X4.75 that is how. I have a set on my 57 15X7 front and 15X8 on the rear with the "Disc Brake" caps. They only recently started making reproduction wheels with both 5-inch pattern and 6 lugs for trucks. I thought about a set of 6 lugs for my Datsun 620 at one point but decided to go more modern with 16 inch alloys.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
How do you know? He doesn't state what vehicle the wheels came off of... fullsize trucks, vans, and a lot of B-bodies use 5x5", not 5x4.75".
Hows this for solving the debate:
Measure the wheels lug pattern
if its 5x4.75 they will fit
if its anything else they wont.

I tried putting my S10 swirlies on my 68 Firebird with front disc brakes
they rub the calipers,but fit fine on another 68 thats drum brakes.
They did make a rally wheel for disc brakes and a different one for drum brakes
not sure if youll even find a set of the old drum brake only ones,I think most were 6 inch wide.

·
time to get cereal
2,284 Posts
I'm not really debating anything, just making sure this guy doesn't get a set of wheels that won't fit...

By the way, the truck steel wheels are described as rally wheels most of the time, the OP didn't state Corvette/Camaro wheels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts