S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering if anyone has used any of the Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS rims on there s10's, if so can you please post up some pictures.

Thank you:

Mark

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
They have to be 88 or older RWD Monte wheels to fit. They should work fine at stock height, might be issues with rubbing if dropped with spindles.

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
yes would fit as far as wheel bolt pattern is concerned

rim width and backspacing and other things dont know

·
ITS JUST A TRUCK!
862 Posts
The 84 monte ss wheels are the 15x7 steel rally, which is the same 15" rally used for the s-10.They just use a different center and are painted different.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Those were the base wheels, but these were optional on the SS.

·
Registered
531 Posts
The aluminum wheel Zeeke98 posted are 86-88 Monte Carlo SS wheels and the wheel Syclone2673 posted are 83-85 Monte Carlo SS wheels. They didnt start using the aluminum wheel until 86, they both should be 15x7 with a 3.75" backspacing and 5x4.75 bolt pattern. Both wheels should fit fine on a s10 even with a drop spindle since the G-body and S10 used the same spindles and control arms.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Stupid Google. I searched 84 Monte SS and it showed those wheels. I knew they came on them but didn't know it wasn't until 86.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yeah most people including myself put those wheels on their Monte SS. Have to watch out though when looking at used ones b/c they used the same wheel on late 70's Camaro's but the back spacing is different.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts