S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can't drive for at least a couple of years and I have a hoard of parts I've been collecting over the years. And since I finally have a decent workspace, I am going to finally build my truck! Somewhat how I want it, at least.. It's a 2002 single cab 4.3 5 speed 2wd with disk/g80 rear. Last year I replaced the engine, water pump, rear main seal, oil pan gasket, removed all A/C components, shaved compressor bracket, clutch/slave, installed a Jeep steering box, updated spider injectors, Ideally I would want to LS swap it some day but I live in NC and emissions won't allow for a V8 swap. So I might eventually go boosted/hpa. I want to do a Marine intake swap, but nowadays most of them I find on eBay say they're for 07+ mercruiser engines. I am unsure what the difference is but was hoping someone here might know and chime in.
Near future plans are deleting abs, hydraulic handbrake, relocating battery to bed, electric fans, full zr2 body conversion and a few other small stuff
I'm kinda goin for a oem+ish Urban pre-runner thing ?
IMG_20191224_205615976.jpg
IMG_20200201_085957182.jpg
IMG_20200201_100131966.jpg
IMG_20200201_100147200.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
There is a write up about doing the marine intake swap on here somewhere. You can do a V8 swap as long as it retains the emissions equipment. Lookup Hotwire on here. He did a LS swap and is in NC. In 2 years, you won't have to worry about emissions inspection, you will have a safety only. I'm doing a swap also and in NC.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

1. There is a write up about doing the marine intake swap on here somewhere. You can do a V8 swap as long as it retains the emissions equipment. Lookup Hotwire on here. He did a LS swap and is in NC. In 2 years, you won't have to worry about emissions inspection, you will have a safety only. I'm doing a swap also and in NC.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I will have to check that out. I would love just a stock 4.8/5.3 aluminum hopefully.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've read up in the intake swap a bunch, but I am having a hard time finding the correct one. The 07- units don't come with the fuel rails, and idk what the difference in the intake are between a 07 and a 08+ other than there are a different number of bolts, in with the upper or lower intake.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
So I've been working on a bit of a science experiment for an air cleaner made a bit more progress today but didn't take pics. Hoping I can make it work without the check engine light coming on
IMG_20200206_202431633.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Photodump
Getting the air cleaner that much closer to bolting on. Just gotta buy a filter and a bit of hardware
IMG_20200210_181809496.jpg

IMG_20200210_181822594.jpg

Tons of room under the hood.
IMG_20200210_190122010.jpg

Hoping to source electric fas before to long. Thinking Taurus or Sebring fans
IMG_20200210_190443586.jpg

Stock full droop Vs new full droop
IMG_20200210_193033127.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Almost finished with the air cleaner. IAT in and waiting on a larger step bit to knock out the pcv. I ran out of cutting disks for my Dremel so wasn't able to finish cutting out my hood. Gonna be pretty rowdy
IMG_20200215_175717341.jpg
IMG_20200215_175731305.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well not much to update. But a member Yuppy778 sent me a message about me my wanted post for a Mercruiser intake. He gave me a name and an email for someone who had one for sale. Osbey is his name. We exchanged a few emails, he was very diligent in replying so I sent him money. While I was waiting on a tracking number I noticed I gave him my wrong house number by one number. Tried getting in touch with him and there was silence. In his first email he gave me a number so I texted him. To which he replied and said he would take care of it. He said it would be sent back to him and he would need more shipping money to which I reluctantly agreed. Sent him more money and then he ghosted again... I have since filed fraud with my bank and hopeful to get my money back... It's unfortunate and makes me feel naive. Do you guys have any tips/precautions to prevent things like this from happening again?

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
986 Posts
small point i don't think you considered- that large hole you made in your hood will allow HOT air to rush up past that beautiful air cleaner- you need a pan/bucket between top of intake and the sir cleaner to keep that hot nasty air away so you can pull in ambient air .If you check out pictures of factory ram air or some of the old school hood scoops you will get what i am talking about.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
small point i don't think you considered- that large hole you made in your hood will allow HOT air to rush up past that beautiful air cleaner- you need a pan/bucket between top of intake and the sir cleaner to keep that hot nasty air away so you can pull in ambient air .If you check out pictures of factory ram air or some of the old school hood scoops you will get what i am talking about.
I thought about making a pan but I'm not real concerned with it at the moment. Ideally I'd get a marine intake and turbo it when I want to make more power. I just think it looks cool lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First time it's been on it's own weight since installing the control arms. They have a ton of negative camber built into them so in order to keep this ride height I think I'm going to need larger lift coils along with some drop spindles. Bet y'all never heard that one before. 😅 Everything is mostly only mockedinto position but it's looking pretty tough! 💪
IMG_20200502_163007742.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Junkyard day! Picked up some Tiburon seats and Sebring fans. Also got a 1st Gen bench in good shape for my 95 4x4
Resized_20200517_123402.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just couldn't pass it up! Hopefully it'll be easier to install than the Tiburon seats are. Here are the templates for those mounts I've come up with. Just gotta get to my friends with a welder
IMG_20200517_224630215.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts