S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 s-10 xtreme reg cab v6 and i was planning on lowering it a few days ago but my order didnt arrive as expected. i'm gonna drop the x 2 / 3 and i want to make sure i wont have any unexpected problems like excessive rubbing in sharp turning, bad pinion angles or any other problems you other xtremer's have had.....I'm going to be using belltech spindles and blocks with belltech shocks....i'm also planning on getting eagle 212 18 x 8 with approximatly the same overall diameter....my x also has a hop shock i dunno if thats important or not....I'm just conserned because i cant miss any work and this is my daily driver.....thanks everyone, anyone's help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well since no one can help me with that *cough* *cough* f u *cough*...j/k maybe someone can help me with this.....stock x wheels are 16x8 and i want to get 18x8's what tire size will i need to keep the overall diameter the same or close to the same as stock.....or calculation or some sort of help please!

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
you shouldn't rub with that drop, maybe once in a while over a big bumb of sumthing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's the formula for figuring out the overall diameter.
(cross section width x 0.aspect ration) x2
25.4 +wheel
diameter

this is an example of how to calculate the stock xtreme tire.
(235 x 0.55) x2
25.4 +16 =26.177 inches.

Got that formula from pepboys.com Hope this helps.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hehe i was talking to someone under another thread and they told me what lug pattern a s-10 noma etc have but i forgot and i also forgot what thread it was under so if anyone knows can you help me out.....also what offset and bsm do i need and what does that stuff even mean?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ummm i just tried calling eagle about the 212's and i got answering machine for a couple named jewley and greg.....i made sure i called the right number.....anyone know whats going on?

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Specs

The bolt pattern is 5x4 3/4" and bs is 5" Why would you want to go with those little skinny tires? They look like $hit. and make your truck ride & handle bad.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually less side wall the better handling....crappier ride tho....i want to keep the speed-o-meter actuate with 18's.....unless you know a lil secret no one has shared with me ;)

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
128 Posts
Besides being able to modify alot of computer controlled engine functions, you can change the speedo reading due to tire size change with a Hypertec programmer. Costs over 3 Ben's, but a very cool way of modifying you ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts