S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am stuck on wat size and design of the box i need.... im gunna be running 2 MTX Thunder 9500's 12" and 2 MTX Thunder942 amps or the MTX T8100D amp... but ne way... i will also have 2 Stinger SP1700 betterys... this has to be squeezed in the cab.... i have an ext cab .... so ya i want this to fawkn insanely loud... so i need a good box and it has to look pretty fly, i was thinkin of wrappin the box in that dimand steel stuff, so let meknow

-db

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
go to the website and find the TS parameters for the subs, that will give you the optimum size for sealed and ported boxes. i dont think the wrapping in diamondplate is that good of an idea, because if that comes loose it will sound like ass. also, whats up with the batteries? it would have probably been a better idea to get a higher rating alternator, i think.

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im gettin 3 batterys and a 200 amp alternatro and a pro regulator... ill either have a stinger optima or a svr under the hood... cuz the amps are about 1800w each... and ya i want full power to my amps... and for like every 100w on a stero u need 15 amps... least thats wat i read... but ya there a fast recharge battery never corrode and so on.. there really powerfull to so ya hmm ahahh but ya thanks...

-db

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am also running 0g wire... witch i dont want to fead through the fire wall, and under the carpet... so i want it to be a short connection as well, and i want maybe a peice of fiber glass on the top of the box so i can see inside the box maybe with a blue neon inside or sumthin sweet... but ya let me know and ill try and get the specs on the subs, i know thre hudge so ya ahah

should i go ported or sealed??? cuz i want this to be REALLY RREALLY loud and clean

-db

·
12,507 Posts
ok, you hadnt said you were getting a new alt so i was wondering. but all batteries corrode, its just in their design. the corrosion rate might be very low, but they will, so in 50 years, be looking to replace them. i dunno tho, those are some big subs, and i imagine the airspace needed for a ported box (dont imagine they would sound that great in a sealed) is probably going to be huge...1.25ft^3 for each sub, sealed; 1.75ft^3 for each ported. and they recommend you use 1" MDF for the front, i guess due to the weight of the sub.

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahha ya... i was plannin on usin the 1" mdf... well i guess im gunna have to build a HUDGE ass box... so ya no i have to make a design, can u help LOL??

-db

·
12,507 Posts
ok, ill make this a seperate post. id go ported, if you want to be hella loud. however, i dont know if the 9500 can even be considered clean, being as theyre almost comp subs. also, i dont know any other way of connecting the power wire than running it thru the firewall and under either the trim or the carpet. fiberglas isnt transparent, maybe you meant Lexan? anyway, that would work, you just have to make sure you get one hell of a think piece, and bolt it onto the box so it will never move. if you put a neon inside, how will you get to it when it burns out? unless you LIKE pulling 50 lb subs out lol.

·
12,507 Posts
yeah, ive got AutoCAD on my computer, so its easy as hell for me to do boxes. you know what the max power these subs can handle is? cuz 750 RMS isnt really that much higher than the RE SE subs im getting, and i guess i was thinking more along the lines of the RFL sub. also, it looks like the best MTX amp is the 1501D, which would give the subs 750 watta apiece. maybe a Hifonics amp? BX1500D is a great one. you're just getting the SVC subwoofer, right?

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya it not bad pullin out the subs i like to do this stuff so it willbe fun ahahha.... there 1000w rms... but im sure they can handle a lot more so ya there hudge!!!! uve seen them right??? ya the rfl is just to ugly and big lol, the 9500's r supposed to have a decent sq response... s ya let me know on the box.. thanks

-db

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im gunna have the battery's in the truck one on each side of the box... so the connections are gunna be small... or can i use all 3 batts off my alt?? (proly not) but i guess i dont know, cuz i want the other batterys so i dont wreck my alt.... so can i run all 3 batts at the same time of the alt or will i need somethin else??

-db

·
12,507 Posts
do you have CAD on you cpu? if not, i can do a screenshot, but it wont really look that great. i can give you outside and inside dims, if you want, tho. yeah, i looked at the 9500s and one thing i REALLY dont like is the fact that there's only 8 holes to screw the sub to the box with.

·
12,507 Posts
um...i dont know about the batteries, you mean run each sub off ONLY one battery, w/o the alt? ehm....also, i doubt there will be enough room after the box is in there for batteries.

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no i dont have cad.... ya do a screen shot to that be awsome....

-db

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm well like run the batterys like together runnin off the alt... or will that put to much of a load on the everything else in the truck?>> or shoul i just stick with one bat and the alternator??

-db

·
12,507 Posts
id go with one battery and the 200 amp alt, simpler and i think it will work better. ill try to do a screenshot, in model and in layout, but the layout screens are pretty pixel intensive so i might have to shrink it a lot.

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok kool thanks man, ya i think ill stick with the 1 bat and the alt with that regulator in it, i just dont wanna burn it out cuz thats 300$ for that alt, but im sure i can get another one thanks

-db

·
12,507 Posts
this is a iso view of what the box will look like

Attachments

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
awsome man thanks.. but i will have 2 subs... so just make 2 of thos box's connected to each other then???

-db

1 - 20 of 21 Posts