S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well ever since its gotten cold out ive had the problem with the lines freezing.well thrusday i had to bring it in work and warm it up and i also blew a fuse...so i replace the fuse and its all good,next morning i blow the same fuse again...so today i warm up the garage and heat up the valves,compressors,and replace the fuse...turn the key on and the fuse blows again...so i took a test wire and put it in place of the fuse to see what would happen and all my valves work but theres no air in the tank bc theres a leak in one of the compressors so it would lift up but my compressors will not turn on...u guys think the compressors i still froze and thats why im blowing fuses and thats why the comps will not turn on? thanks jAsoN

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
probably since you've blown so many fuses, I would change the relay out because its more then likely gone out, do you have a toggle switch on the compressor (before the relay)? Becasuse you may have a short in your power wire. About the only way to solve the lines freezing is to get a water trap. What kind of compressor do you have?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have 2 water traps..they had water in there but i got it out....no toggle..i have 2 viair 450's...no toggle before the compressors...just have an in line fuse runnig to the relay and i have the compressors setup so once the ignition is on the comps turn on.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
And what wire is blowing the fuse?? The one on the compressor?? Are you running two compressors off of one relay and one fuse?? what size fuse?? what size rating on the relay??

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a power wire w/ a inline fuse running from the battery to the relay,then the other side of the relay im running another power wire to a distro. block,then 2 wires w/ inline fuses running to each compressor.all of the fuse in the inline wires r 60 amps...the fuse i just started blowing is coming from the battery to the relay. the relay is a stringer 80 amp relay.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but ive never blown that fuse until it was winter....and when the comps have power or when they should be on they wont turn on but the switch box has power and the valves do to...but as soon as i put a fuse in the the inline wire from the battery to the relay and i turn my truck on it blows

1 - 10 of 10 Posts