S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am driving home and I stop at the gas station. When I come out, I notice there a HUGE :eek: puddle of oil under my truck. After a quick search with the truck off, I'm not sure where it is coming from since it is everywhere. I am about 30 miles from home, so I buy some oile and top it off. It was 2 quarts low at that time. Just to be safe I stop about half way home and check the oil. The 2 quarts I put in, gone!! :eek: I turn the truck on, look underneath and see oil just pissin out of the line where it goes into the oil filter relocation thingy on the block.

After doing a search I found out that this is a pretty common problem. I dont think my actuall lines are leaking, just where it goes into the block, but i'm gonna replace the lines anyway since it has well over 150k miles. It's a 91 4x4, and from what I've read, the dormans are way better than the GM ones. I sure hope my parts place has them

Looks like I'm gonna have a real fun weekend. Oil lines, oil pan, timingcover all leaking :rolleyes: I'll try and snap some pics for you guys.

·
What's in a name?....
311 Posts
Good lord, that's a lot of leaks! Hope it all goes well for you though!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I just got the trucks a month ago 1500 bucks. Has a nice southern body with fresh paint. But it was poorly maintained.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had a '91 4x4 4.3L with a relocation oil filter. I too thought it was the lines, but after a good pressure wash it was the O-ring for the oil line housing to the block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts