S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rollin' Low in the 619!!!
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could some one tell me what there oil pressure is at idle on a 2000/2001 with 5 speed? it has been off since putting on the indiglo gauges. thanks:D :cry: :scary: :uhoh: :confused:

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
im just curious, but mine is at about 70 at anything above idle when the engine is completely warm...its at 40 when at idle.........is that good or bad?

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
I'm with sonoma, From 1000 rpm up I read between 65 and 70 psi. At idle drops down to 40. Initial cold start up gives me 70 solid and when it drops down will sit at 50 at idle for about 10 minutes, than drops to 40.

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
:stupid: mine is exactly the same way, and if its cold- just started in the morning- and i start driving it right away, it can read almost 80psi at anything above 1000 rpm

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Same here. Nothin wrong. Motor is just in good shape.:thumbup:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i dunno about the 4 cyclinders but my v6 my g/f dads v6 and the guy that lives 2 doors down v6 run at 60 on cold start and when completely warmed up drop down to 25 at idle...when i first got my truck i thought this might be a prob so i asked the mechanic and he said hes never seen one that wasnt like that.....tbi anyway

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Dunno Cyn, my 99 ZR-2 was the same way as my new truck . 25 Pounds seems a little low but who knows. as long as its running and not knocking thats all that matters:thumbup:

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
my 94 2.2 runs and isnt knocking, at idle its a bit below 40 psi, anything above taht it stits between 40 and 80. this is alright isnt it?

·
littleX10
70 Posts
What is the problem is the gauge off from its original idle oil pressure value? Or do you not remember what it was at idle prior to your gauge switch? Mine is still very high at a cold idle 60 to 70 pounds. But at operating temp idle it's more like 35 to 45 pounds. I am about to go to the store and I will pay particular attention to oil pressure. So if I respond again my memory is whack. And to be corrected soon. I do it all for my S10 driver friends whatever you need and I can offer. Blow jobs are definately out however!

·
littleX10
70 Posts
Ok heres the update, first let me mention what I got. A reg cab 2.2 X w/ AT and 6878 mi. But the idle values in neutral should be the same. It is now raining in Henderson with light wind and 37 degrees f approximately. When I started the truck oil pressure reached 81 psi in 3 seconds. When I got back from store neutral idle was 46 psi. And dropped to 44 psi when I put back into drive. It idles at 900 rpm in neutral hot or cold too.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Funny, I dont remember anyone asking for one...LOL

·
littleX10
70 Posts
I know I was attempting humor. I get crazy please boot me from forum. I have no self control once lit(boozed up)! They booted me from the 1911 forum because their a bunch of natzis and communists over their. And it pissed me off to no end. To ridicule people and insult people like that. I am trying to cope people and you are all fantastic as far as I have seen. I also would not be offended to be ousted!

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
well actually it taps like a b!itch when i first start it up for like a minute.....i noticed the same tap on some of the vans at work w/ the 350.....but when its tapping the oil psi is like 60 or so...i dunno....i'll worry when it stop running or taps when its warmed up.....

·
littleX10
70 Posts
CynicX you should see sticky lifter posts. The hydraulic lifters get sticky after many miles. But under 100,000 mi is abnormal for this problem. Oh its nastalgia day and never mind. I just know my engine will scream and put out its best and I do put it to the test sometimes like today.

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Right from the GM manual, my 2000 2.2 should have 65 psi at 3000 rpm. That's assuming using the recommend oil. I run synthetic 5w30 and it's a bit lower at idle but runs at about that once you rev it up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts