S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pics please. and also the reason i'm replacing it is because my ttruck randomly dies as idle, could this be the problem?

·
Sometimes I'm mean...alot
1,348 Posts
It is located directly behind and beneath the distributor and is almost never the culprit. Check you fuel filter, fuel pressure, ignition components, etc.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if this is the problem, is it easier to get from the underneath, or from the top?

·
Compliance!
5,151 Posts
the top, and like inferno said, its usually not the problem, check the things he said, those are common. i would worry about the OPS way last

·
I drive upside-down
1,040 Posts
hopefully one of you can help...my oil pressure gauge bounces liek its possessed. not all the time , but on occassion. when it does, my truck sputters and shakes a little.

is this the oil pressure sensor? ...i have also seen oil pressure SWITCH...

·
Registered
10 Posts
it could be a bad distributor drive gear but the truck would run like shit most likely because it would have jumped timing. it might be the fact that the engine is dieing the rpm drops are making the oil pressure fall. the motor will run with no oil in it at all the oil pressure drop will not make the motor spit and sputter unless its happening for more than lets say a one min at which point the engine is starting to bind up.

·
Registered
927 Posts
it could be a bad distributor drive gear but the truck would run like shit most likely because it would have jumped timing. it might be the fact that the engine is dieing the rpm drops are making the oil pressure fall. the motor will run with no oil in it at all the oil pressure drop will not make the motor spit and sputter unless its happening for more than lets say a one min at which point the engine is starting to bind up.
GM designed the system to shut off the fuel pump when oilpressure drops below 2 psi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts