S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally got my truck runnin and when i put my motor in i didnt put my valve covers on just in case i needed to adjust them.....so i started it and watched and theres no oil coming up and splashing anywere the top end is dry so i checked my gauge it reads 275 or just a hair more, could the gauge be wrong? would the distributer seat with the oil pump not conected?

·
terrible. take a lap.
4,024 Posts
did you delete the oil cooler lines at all?

·
WICKED 6 RACING
2,189 Posts
Did you prime the system before starting the motor. And I'm praying you mean 75lbs not 275lbs. Turn the key to accessory the gauge should set and go to 0. IF it pegs the gauge the sender is grounded out. If you start it and after a sec the gauge reads pressure your pumping something. As to why its not making to the heads without digging into it you won't know. Generally it takes a few second for these motors to prime up that why I alway suggest priming before first start up to make sure all the passageways and everything gets oil in it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
he's from canada, I am thinking he means 275 Kpa

how long did you have it running?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya my fault didnt prime or let it run long enough, i did lube everything so im hoping it was enough till the oil hit it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts