S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting a 1999 5.3 out of a suburban in a 85 S10 an can't seem to figure out which is the right oil pan got a part number. 12624621 but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out the right pan they all say camero or nova but no S10s how a little help for the technology impaired thanks guys

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,443 Posts
A little punctuation please...

·
Been there Done it
10,984 Posts
prolly the best pan to use on a 2wd s10 is the holley 302-1

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The question that needs to be asked, is are you going to be lowered? If yes, then you have to use the 302 holley pan. it's the only pan that doesn't hang below the crossmember.

·
Been there Done it
10,984 Posts
If I ever do another LS swap I'm inclined to want to take a good notch out of the crossmember. You can use any pan then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The question that needs to be asked, is are you going to be lowered? If yes, then you have to use the 302 holley pan. it's the only pan that doesn't hang below the crossmember.
No sir the thing will retain the stock stance actually running 15 inch tires an wheels so ground clearance won't be an issue

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,443 Posts
How does my lack of punctuation have any impact on the question I asked ? If you don't have any actual knowledge that will be helpful just move on by . Ok thanks
It makes reading your posts easier without having to re-read several times. It's not difficult.

Reactions: Mostizzle

·
Been there Done it
10,984 Posts
How does my lack of punctuation have any impact on the question I asked ? If you don't have any actual knowledge that will be helpful just move on by . Ok thanks
It shows a little bit of courtesy to the people you are asking for free advice.
It also shows that you have the intelligence to understand what advice we take the time to give.
You know the old saying
"You catch more flies with honey than you can coping an attitude."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It shows a little bit of courtesy to the people you are asking for free advice.
It also shows that you have the intelligence to understand what advice we take the time to give.
You know the old saying
"You catch more flies with honey than you can coping an attitude."
Where's that courtesy from you . Punctuation and mechanical abilities aint even remotely related. I've been wrenching 41 yrs built motorcycles from boxes of used junk .my 73 shovel is a hodgepodge of miscellaneous parts an different yrs . Perhaps you could stop being anal retentive about periods and apostrophes an practice what ya preach about kindness. Have a nice day .

·
time to get cereal
4,970 Posts
I guess they didn't teach English where you grew up? lol. Hard to answer questions when your basic grasp of basic communication resembles a learning disability...

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,443 Posts
Where's that courtesy from you . Punctuation and mechanical abilities aint even remotely related. I've been wrenching 41 yrs built motorcycles from boxes of used junk .my 73 shovel is a hodgepodge of miscellaneous parts an different yrs . Perhaps you could stop being anal retentive about periods and apostrophes an practice what ya preach about kindness. Have a nice day .
Here's a link to the Forum Rules. Abide by them without making more comments about English skills, or stand in the corner for a week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts