S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am swapping in a carbed 350 for the 2.8. Its a 4x4 so i would need a different oil pan. I think i should be able to cut the bottom part off of a 4x4 4.3 and weld it to the bottom of the regular 350 pan. I would weld in a extension but my dipstick is on the drivers side (72' 350).Does any one else think this idea will work. I dont wanna buy a pan for $250 and i picked up a 4.3 4x4 pan for 30 bucks.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
thats what alot of people do just make sure the welds are good and you should be good to go. remember to alwayse cut short! :D

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yes it looks like it would work

Ask your friends if they have access to a TIG welder ,it makes nice beads.Make sure to use the right length oil pump pick-up.DO you have your exhaust yet?

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
ya for your oil picup you need to use the one from a 4x4 4.3 it should fit without a problem

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i got the right pickup but no exhaust yet. Just finished building up the motor and getting the engine compartment ready for the v-8.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but my dipstick is on the drivers side not the passengers.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yeah

There cheaper and give you lots of room on the sterring shaft.You probally know which ones to use?They work fine for a moderate hp engine.Good luck on the change over and feel free to ask any questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts