S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
What's in a name?....
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1985 2.8L Carbed 4WD
Hey guys, how goes it. My rage builds.:scary:
I went to work yesterday, drove home with no problems at all, then went to go out last night (about an hour and a half after I got home) and my truck wouldn't start. I figured that I flooded the carb, so I let it sit for about 15 minutes, came back and tried again. Even tried with the pedal all the way to the floor.
This morning, I pulled off the air cleaner, pulled the spark plugs, and found oil on plugs 5 and 6. The others just had gas on them (I tried starting again to no avail)....What does this mean? The motor is a rebuilt one with over 6000 miles on it already since April, and ths is the first time since I did my oil changes and tune ups that this has happened. My oil pressure is good, the dipstick shows no loss of oil, doesn't drip, but this is my surprise for the morning.
I'm hoping it's a fluke and it will all just go away (heh, heh, like the truck), but realistically I know that's not the case. What should I be looking at for repairs?
Thanks.

·
What's in a name?....
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright, went outside and got it to fire up again. The cylinders were definitely flooded, as was the carb with gas. Now, all dried out and starting as it should. However, still curious as to the oil question. I hope that I may just have leaking valve covers and the oil was what leaked down the heads, covering the area where the spark plugs are. Maybe, when I took out the plugs, the oil covered the threads as I undid them, giving them the appearance of oil seepage into the cylinders.
I figure I'll just stick to that hypothesis b/c I don't have the patience or sanity at this point to deal with any else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts