S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Powered by Xtant
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My factory oil lines have developed a slight oil leak. So small infact that I can go a whole 3k miles and not notice an oil level drop, however, I can see the oil on the lines.

So I'm gonna replace them. And as long as I'm gonna go thru the trouble, I might as well get the better lines anyway.

I'm looking for some braided stainless. I figure they have to make them but I have yet to find them anywhere.

If you guys know where to get some good lines from (preferably relatively cheap) please let me know.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
they are a problem on S-10's, both mine blew out the lines. as far as i know, the only place to get the lines is OEM, or you can have them made. id check local hydraulic repair places and see if they could fab up something for you.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
if you use all the stock fittings, replace the little o rings and washers where they all connect up. where the rubber hose meets the adapters, just cut the metal clamp off that is pressed around the hose. then you can get a length or rubber hose and stick a hose clamp on each end. would be cheaper than steel braided.... if u got the money for stainless then go for it, otherwise just replacing the hose and o rings/seals would work too.

·
Registered
940 Posts
you can actually get all the fittings and braided lines from summit, thats what i did on my truck, mine where leaking about as much as yours, and the lines are pron to leak aftertime so i couldn t se replacing them with something that will just leak again so i had stainless ones made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts