S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cheezeit9
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any other filter that I can use with my truck that is not for my truck? Something like a bigger filter that might filter better or something? I was just wondering this because on the filter study he said something about the small pathetic filter that is designed for the S-10 and I was wondering if there was another filter that I could use to help filter better or anything? I have a 95 4.3L TBI in a S-10.

·
Tire = Smoke
724 Posts
Thats what I did use, but after reading all of that, including the email i dont plan to again. On the original question... I dunno

·
LEAD FOOT LARRY
423 Posts
The best readily available oil filter is the AC delco. It holds smaller particles, good and more of them, better than all other readily available brands.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
I either go to the dealer and buy the AC Delco, or just get a Purolator. I dont use Fram.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I read on that site where he gave props to the Purolator Prem
Plus..You have to remember, I believe that oil filter study
was done 7 yrs back..Things have changed since then..I use
a K&N Gold filter. Works good for me..Nothing wrong with
the AC/Delco PH-52. I used that for a long time too..

·
Registered
164 Posts
I use a Mobil One M1-201 and Mobil One oil. Yes, it is expensive, but I feel it is worth it. My 1994 Z28 has a hundred thousand miles on it and the engine is clean. At least it is by the cap on the valve cover! The real answer to your question is to use a filter from a 4x4. They are the same diameter, just a bit longer. They cost the same so I feel I get a little more for my money. I have a list of the bigger filters.

Oil filters-
STP S3980
BOSCH 3430
MOBIL M1-201
FRAM PH3980
AC-DELCO PF52
K&N HP-1001

1 - 9 of 9 Posts