S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find a oil filter return hose for a 1991 4.3 TBI T-10? It runs from the bottom of the engine to the filter that is mounted behind the headlight. Note: This a stock item, not an aftermarket kit. All the fools at Autozone and Pepboys couldn't help me, I was hoping one of you could shed a sign of light.. THanks for the help.

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
U mean more than just the return line, right. sytys & 4x4s came with the remote filter & cooler. Junk yard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i would get it from the dealer,napa has started carrying that product line,at least in mn.2 styles for those years,if you have a tow package you will also have the cooler lines that run from the oil filter adapter block to radiator and also the lines to the adapter block to engine.non tow package only will have lines from filter block to engine.they are formed lines and come both together..chev dealer i bought them at was about 92.00,donot use the rubber o-rings get the one's that have a steel sealing band around the neophrene gasket

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, I kinda thought I might have to go to the dealer for them, but I was trying to avoid it if possible (poor college kid). Thanks for the help. Ohh yeah, and to comment on CycloneDaves reply, would you really buy used rubber hoses? Why waste the time and money?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
Every place around here told me that its an OEM part and they didnt carry them (NAPA, Advance Auto, AutoZone) but that6 was a good 8 months ago. i wouldnt get them from a juinkyard, no way to tell what condition the inside of the lines are in.

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
Iv'e never seen any leak, but I'm sure it happens. U could have new hose insalled on the fac. setup or u can get a new kit from somethin like PAW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts