S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and looking for some info.
I'm putting a 2000 4.3L and 4L60E in to my Jeep (love the power to weight ratio and gearing).
This engine has what looks like a stock oil cooler on it and I'm thinking of ditching it.
Unfortunately I screwed up on of the torx bolts inthe dark and it's going to take a bit more to just remove it now.

So my question is this... If I remove the cooler system can I just thread the oil filter in it's place? If not I'll source another aux tranny cooler and use that, but my first choice is to remove it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I'll go with option B then. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
keep an oil cooler on the engine especially for 4 wheeling, slow speeds and high rpm,s cook oil quickly recommend synthetic oil also (castrol syntec not mobil 1(boo)). off road is heavy work and with bigger tires and mud, get the idea?

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
yes. remove the screw part that holds the filter, screw that into the block = done. thats the way mine is. its a 10mm allen. but as Remington said, you should not only keep the cooler, but add/get a bigger one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already planned to keep it. I'll just cut off the hard lines where they extend past the block and go to rubber lines. Then run a tranny cooler on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts