S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a place for my Front end parts today, cheap to. I was at the junkyard looking for Geo shit and A guy told me where to go.
Here are the prices for parts Im getting wednesday.
Front bumper: $65
Grille: $57
Valance: $31
Turn Signals: $28 each
Headlights: $110 each

98+ Core Support: $37.50 :woah: Ebay wants $100
Total is around $510 with tax and they have everything in stock but the core support which blows though.
The only kit I have seen is in the Truckin magazine, I think they want $695 and that doesn't include the bumper if Im correct.

Hows that sound guys? Have the body shop spray it black and I'm all set :) I cant wait.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the same as OEM I believe, so it should look factory.

·
Short Bus Anonymous
7,034 Posts
Just a heads up, I've had 2 aftermarket grilles and personally hated them. They didn't line up correctly, looked a lil cheaper then the stock GM one, and were a lil deformed in some places...but maybe you'll have good luck!

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
motocross250 said:
Just a heads up, I've had 2 aftermarket grilles and personally hated them. They didn't line up correctly, looked a lil cheaper then the stock GM one, and were a lil deformed in some places...but maybe you'll have good luck!
Damn I hope they look good. Maybe I'll luck out.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SS SDIME said:
are you going with the clear corners with the fogs built in? sounds awsome.
My order says 98-02 park/signal lamp without fog lamps. How exactly is that going to look, like yours but with yellow turn signals? I want it to look like Tonys old SS and I dont see any fogs on his

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So the fog lamp is right next to the corner lamp, which are yellow stock. Im going to have the stock yellow corners, but If this grille or whatever doesnt have fog lamps, its going to look way different wont it? Shit, I think I need fog lamps then, whats it look like without the fog lamps? Do you have a pic of that? Im looking through the gallery.

EDIT: I see in the gallery,without fog lights, the lower corner lense just looks longer, so its all one piece. I think that will look ok. Those little "fog" lights, those are used for the Daytime running lights arent they?

·
NOT AN ADMIN!!
2,230 Posts

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya my truck is a real 97 SS, going to be a fake 98 haha. I like the second style, the all one piece. I actually like the all one peice more, even if its all yellow, I think it will look good.
Sucks though, I want to do a test fit to make sure everything lines up good, but they have to order the Core support for me, which wont come in until the 29th of this month. So I have to hold off on the paint until then. Damn, I guess it will be done in a month then.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
XtremelyClean said:
why dont you get euro headlights, they cost the same and look better

and get some procarparts.com clear turn signals with amber bulbs bulbs for 40 shipped instead of 60 like you're paying

no since in paying more for stock looking stuff
Guess I should of thought about that ahead of time. Oh well, I can live with stock. Maybe after a while I will just take my losses and get the euros. I just want to get the front end on :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts