S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

· Registered
3,604 Posts

· Registered
3,604 Posts
Buzzer gets the credit for this! Needs to be a sticky at the tip top of every forum.

· Registered
725 Posts
i agree superflow. theres so many threads in the IFS lifting forum thats either in a stickie or already has multiple threads about the same topic!!!!

sry, end rant

· Registered
65 Posts
I got a question, Can anyone give me a general breakdown on the things to consider(mechanics wise) when doing a lift kit.

Like is there a checklist of things that need to be checked/considered and maybe a list of common pieces?

I am going to be doing some custom engine work and need to decide how i will be handling the extra weight from the motor.

On top of that I want to put 33's underneath it and am having trouble finding info about the actual components of the job.

Thanks!

· Registered
9 Posts
I'm soo brand new I'm not even sure I'm in the right location...
First off, hello.
I did an engine swap in an 87 s10 2.8 to a 4.3 from a 1991 blazer. it was an electrical nightmare! I should have gone with a carbed V8 like EVERYONE suggested lol. In any event, it's done and Ive been rooling that tired 4.3 for 5 yrs now. (oh yeah, it had 189,000 miles on it when i swapped it in. I've probably put at least 100,000 more miles on it since.
Anyway i guess i'll get to my reason for posting up today. I need information. I've scored some 2'' lift spindles and i want to install them. I've read that longer brake lines are necessary. I don't have any yet, but i was wondering if stock 4wd brake lines will work? My pickup is 2wd.
Thanks in advance and i will try to post up some pics from my phone...once i figure that out too.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I am here to help. I have done a sloid front axle (SFA) swap in my driveway and a smog legal motor swap also in my driveway. I have currently gotten a job at a shop doing lifts and lowering so my knoledge has become even greater. If there are any questions please pm me and I will post the answers on here and write you back. I am not too sure what you all want to hear here because it has been so long since my truck was stock and I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with it. But I know these trucks very well and I know a lot of ways to modify them to get different things from them. I did also do the cheep lifts before I did the SFA. I am also not limited to just S-10s I have helped lift a 93 Suburban over 22" and we are currently building a golf cart with about 3 feet of lift with a 4 link up front and probably a 2 link in the rear for now. I don't know much on tire/rim questions as I am the kind of guy to just cut body panels to make what I want fit. Please ask me questions though as I am stumped on what you all would like to know.

I also wanted to ask The Red Barron how did you get into Azuza unless it was a weekday. You are not supposed to be in there without 4x4. I am not going to tell anyone though.
Hi I have an S10 that I am listening I've done the 3-in lift on the front with the spindles I plan on doing coil springs on the front and possibly arms but my big question is having trouble finding the u-bolts for a heavy duty leaf spring which is a five leaf pack and I'm having trouble finding the u-bolt size that I'll need to just put them on

· B4U Task Force
35,517 Posts
Hi I have an S10 that I am listening I've done the 3-in lift on the front with the spindles I plan on doing coil springs on the front and possibly arms but my big question is having trouble finding the u-bolts for a heavy duty leaf spring which is a five leaf pack and I'm having trouble finding the u-bolt size that I'll need to just put them on
Please start a new thread instead of bumping dead threads.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.