S-10 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
boosted 2.2L
2,324 Posts
Hey CS, I love your truck, but I gotta throw this tech point out there. When it comes to disc v. drum brakes, disc brakes are obviously better at dissipating heat and stopping from speed. However, properly adjusted drum brakes are better at "clamping" an already stopped vehicle on the starting line because of the much larger contact area. With NHRA class cars, we used to "downgrade" the front brakes on 1970-ish Camaros, Novas, Chevelles, etc - from disc to drum in order to hold at the line more easily. You still see lots of drum downgrades in stock Eliminator classes, but SuperStock has a lot of transbrakes now, so it's moot.
Well all I can say is I'd adjust them at the track and stand on the brake pedal and they wouldnt hold above 2500rpm . I think I did hydroboost at the same time as my rear disks but now I can hold to 3200+ before it starts to over power the rear brakes

·
boosted 2.2L
2,324 Posts
How or who did you have plumb up the system? Was curious about spooling the 2.2 but didn't know if it was worth it cost wise.
some of my original turbo thread got deleted in the server crash of 07.
but my engine build thread has tons of pics and info

·
Registered
2 Posts
Something is definitely odd here. I have a 2000 2.2 with 5 speed. My 1/4 mile time is 15.58 and all I have done is cold air new plugs new injectors and proformance exhuast with cat. The others ibe read with similar mods are in the 17 or 18s

41 - 45 of 45 Posts