S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got a 88 blazer with the the gass guage in the lower left corner of the cluster and a tach one the right half, who makes a white face kit for THIS setup? anyone else have one? all i find are not the right gauge setup..

·
Registered
88 Posts
dont think they do make one for that setup, only for the tachless version, i've been looking for a picture of it so i can see what they look like but i cant find one

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i talked to APC today and told them about my gauge setup and they told me that it was no problem for them to have one made for me only one catch i had to buy 2 thousand of them!!!! the opperator wanted to know what option pacage my blazer is and i have no idea since there are no decals or anything to speak of so i realy need to find someone else with this dash to get an opinion on what to do. has any one ever seen the gauge setup like mine befor? rem the gass gauge is on the bottom left and the oem tack is on the right center

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/guest/guest_book_album.jsp;jsessionid=aaaeyVLKCE3T6y?machineid=pcs003&containerID=5648460674&page=1&thumbs=1&invite=uElrzK2qP7hAKhtoaaph&elementID=6728910981&play=forward

·
Registered
88 Posts
yes ive seen your gauge setup before, you blazer was made before they started offering the digital instumentation. you have a tac where most ppl have a fuel gauge, and you have a fuel gauge where most ppl have a seatbelt light, correct? I actually like this gauge setup better than mine but. the blazer im thinking about buying for my brother has this setup. we have searched for quite sometime and still havent found a white face kit for it so i guess we are pretty much screwed

·
Registered
381 Posts
I installed the tach cluster in my truck. I like it much better. Anyways, I didn't find a white faced gauge kit. I did the next best thing, and bought one of the stainless overlay kits. Not what you were talking about, but it sure gave my gauges a nice constrast for a total of about $18.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Yup i got 3 of them. havent seen the whiteface kits for them before.

·
Old Guy - Old Blazer
26 Posts
blazinred87 said:
I installed the tach cluster in my truck. I like it much better. Anyways, I didn't find a white faced gauge kit. I did the next best thing, and bought one of the stainless overlay kits. Not what you were talking about, but it sure gave my gauges a nice constrast for a total of about $18.
What dash cluster was originally in your Blazer ; the standard gauge cluster w/o tach? Did you have to do any wiring changes (other than running new tach leads) to install the tach cluster? I'm trying the same swap,but the new tach cluster wont function at all.

Thx

Dr.

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
500 Posts
i have the same thing and i just tore it apart and painted it and found a printing shop that makes stickers and stuff and had them make all my numbers and stuff.

·
Dead Project Truck
649 Posts
Ive got that exact same gauge cluster in my 91 noma. I wanted white face gauges but didnt like the way the few ive seen looked(havent actually seen them for our specific cluster w/tach). So I opened mine up pulled all of the gauges out (not hard at all, they slide right out and right back in). Took an airbrush with testors flat white paint w/appropriate reducer and painted all of the flat blue areas white. Also took advantage and threw some new paint on the needles. Looks great! I love it, simple, and cheap. Makes a very dramatic change, for the better. w/o the expense and hassle of new gauge faces.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sorry for the very late reply. I haven't had time to come on in weeks.
down2earth89- I got the overlay off of ebay. I type in S-10 dash, or S10 dash, and get several companies. Watch it though; some companies sell for the non-tach trucks only.
Dr Blazer- I originally had no tach. I saw a tach cluster on ebay, and thought it was cool. It ended up going for much more than I wanted. So I called a local S-10 guy, and got the entire cluster for half the price. He may have another. Try s10blazers.com. As far as swapping it in, that's all I had to do. All gauges worked except the tach. Then I wired in the ground, +, and tach lead (white wire near booster). Not hard at all.

·
Old Guy - Old Blazer
26 Posts
blazinred87....thanks for the reply. Do you know what year the tach cluster is that you installed? I'm at a loss to figure why none of the gauges in my replacement tach cluster will work at all.The non-tach cluster worked fine when I removed it and the tach cluster worked fine in its original vehicle. I wonder if it could be a "year thing".

Thanks,

Dr

·
Registered
381 Posts
Dr Blazer- I didn't know the year, but I wouldn't think that it would matter. As a precaution, I laid both clusters side by side, and traced the routing of the circuits on the back of the cluster. It's not that hard to relocate the wires in the plug. I did it in my 84 Silverado when I added a V8.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts