S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lease for the truck isnt up soon, and i have about 6,000 miles left on it....So i either stop driving or stop the odometer....i know that it is illegal so that is why i might not do it....i just want to know how just in case.....any one help?

jeff

G

·
SH!T man you are going to break the law
U bad MUTHAF*CKA

We did that with my moms expedition so we could keep the warranty longer

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
i guess you would have to do that to the expo since it is a ford...lol....but..there is not a way to make the odometer stop unless you unplug the speed sensor...but you will not have ABS, Speeometer...and the orange SES light

·
IDWIN
13 Posts
take out your gauge cluster in the wire harness right side there is a green wire 4th one on the top i believe hook a switch up and you can turn it on and off

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Dude why bother even screwing with it...even at 15 cents a mile, you still wont be that bad. Even 10K over would only cost you 1500 bucks which you could roll into your new ride and worry about it at that point. I was 750 over when I traded in my ZR2 and GM never charged me for the mileage.....How much longer you got?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I really wouldn't do it on a 2000... just because it is a digital odometer, which means that the computer stores the milage and displays it on the screen, which also means that the computer probably knows what the real milage is. I don't know if the computer that controls the car has it, but it very possibly does, not just the one on the guage cluster.

DogP

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a friend who just took his dash's fuse out. He couldn't tell how fast he was going, but he said it he didn't acrue any milelage either. I'm not sure if it works or not, but it might be worth a shot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts