S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I have a 86 Reg Cab, witha 2.5L, and a 5 speed manual.

What Im hearing is a high pitched squealing noise when the engine is running and the clutch is not being touched. However if I just ever slightly put my foot on the clutch the noise goes away.

Any ideas? this is annoying and embarassing :D

Thanks

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
I think

you have a bad throw out bearing. Its in the shift frok and if its worn out enough, it will squeal, but if you push the clutch a little bit, it pushes the two metal pieces together enough to stop the sqealing. It's not that hard to replace, just alot of work. Might as well replace the clutch while youar at it and have the whole thing apart.:bash:

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
Re: I think

loweredd said:
you have a bad throw out bearing. Its in the shift frok and if its worn out enough, it will squeal, but if you push the clutch a little bit, it pushes the two metal pieces together enough to stop the sqealing. It's not that hard to replace, just alot of work. Might as well replace the clutch while youar at it and have the whole thing apart.:bash:

he's right.!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How soon should I get it fixed?

Is ok to leave it for a while, or am I going to end up being stranded somewhere when I least need it? :)

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
If you don't fix it very very soon it will leave you stranded. I bet it doesn't have 500 miles left on it...I found once they start squeling they they are shot. and you can't drive your truck with out it. And you might was well replace the clutch, pressure plate and Throw out bearing all in one shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts