S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 2000 x, and i want to get a hold of a scan tool for my truck. i wanna be able to troubleshoot my computer and abs.

do you guys know how much these OBDII scan tool cost? what's a good brand and where do i get them?

thanks...

·
Registered
400 Posts
scantool

I picked one up at autozone for $150. I looked around on the net and didn't find anything cheaper.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so that would be about $250cdn.

i know it reads engine management codes. but does it read the antilock brake system (abs) as well?

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Hey Joe Villa,

The scanners we have at my work are made by OTC, they are the best profesional series scanners you can buy. However they are very expensive! Thousands of dollars, especially in Canada.

They work great!!!! I play with them all the time. One of the perks of working at a auto service garage.

Later

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no thanks red. must be nice to play around with it though. but all i want is just a little hand held device that you plug in my truck's com port.

i've been looking around and the cheapest one i found is $266cdn... about $160us. i could still find something cheaper.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey 98essten, that auto tap is awesome, it gives you a whole bunch of info. problem is it would be around $460cdn, a bit over my budget.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you guys know if i can use this scan tool to scan my 4 wheel antilock system?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I don't think the scanner that I have can do abs. I just looked in the book that it came with and didn't see anything about it. The book also didn't have any abs codes in it either.:dunno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts