S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
It only quit once...today
135 Posts
That does suck. I kinda want to un-glue mine and see how their circuit is made. I see potential for a black market product line!

·
South Eastern Illusions
88 Posts
what about all the people that need something like that for a track only car? thats so stupid. there are no "laws" on track only cars so therefore they shouldnt ban the O2 sim

·
135 Posts
You hit the nail on the head right there. It is crap for Casper to have to pay out for people who choose to disconnect their emissions controls on the street. It is a wonderful device for track use.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
what about all the people that need something like that for a track only car? thats so stupid. there are no "laws" on track only cars so therefore they shouldnt ban the O2 sim
In all honesty for a track only car, does it really matter if the check engine light is on or not? That is the only use for these o2 simulators, so that one can pass emissions inspection on a street driven vehicle not a track car.

·
135 Posts
Well, when I bought mine, I saw it this way. A new O2 sensor to replace my bad one was $70. The O2 simulator AND a TPS enhancer was $65 (I finally found my receipt). I have all of my emissions equipment in place and working, it was just cheaper to use a simulator and I would never have to replace it again. For the people who insist on running without cats, there are other ways to cheat the PO420 code, and they will find them. Casper's just got screwed on that one to prove a point and scare people away from cheating the system.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I guess it depends on where you are purchasing your sensors from, I got 2 brand new genuine AC Delco sensors on ebay for $50 shipped.

·
South Eastern Illusions
88 Posts
In all honesty for a track only car, does it really matter if the check engine light is on or not? That is the only use for these o2 simulators, so that one can pass emissions inspection on a street driven vehicle not a track car.
no, when u take a cat off and no o2 sensor it does more than throw a code and check engine light. it also causes the vehicle to run different. you need a sim to make the ecu think its still there and able to operate normally. trust me on that one. i used to own several hondas and they were street/track driven and it does make a difference with the o2 sim. flame all you want about i my import habit but it was part of my life lol.

edit... i may live where we dont have emissions control but i neeeded the o2 sim for the fact of the car needing to be able to run correctly. header, no cat, 2.5 ss exhaust and straight thru greddy muffler, you need something to keep the ecu thinking like normal.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
no, when u take a cat off and no o2 sensor it does more than throw a code and check engine light. it also causes the vehicle to run different. you need a sim to make the ecu think its still there and able to operate normally. trust me on that one. i used to own several hondas and they were street/track driven and it does make a difference with the o2 sim. flame all you want about i my import habit but it was part of my life lol.

edit... i may live where we dont have emissions control but i neeeded the o2 sim for the fact of the car needing to be able to run correctly. header, no cat, 2.5 ss exhaust and straight thru greddy muffler, you need something to keep the ecu thinking like normal.
Nope, the rear o2 sensor does nothing more than report back that the cat is functioning or not functioning, no fueling or spark is affected by the rear o2. You would be an absolute fool to use a sim for one of the 2 main o2's on a fuel injected vehicle, the only reason you wouldn't be using them is if the vehicle was carbed....then you'd have no use for o2 sensors or sims in the first place.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
hell my girls Honda has a Magnaflow exhaust and high flow cat, i just hooked the second O2 up and left it under the hood! lol
so it's just sitting there reading the air under the hood.

check engine light hasn't come on yet.

·
South Eastern Illusions
88 Posts
well like i said when working on a honda acura engine, they are very picky when it comes to the o2 sensor. i tried leaving them unplugged and i tried plugging them in and not having them in the pipe. guess what it threw codes. i know what im talking about with honda/acura. might not know about a truck or domestic car but i do know honda motor company. i have always had hondas and i know them like the back of my hand. i ran with some of alabamas biggest honda builders. were werent your everday rice burners. no fancy bodykits and shit, just plain old engine work.

Also the sim makes the ecu think the cat is still on the vehicle. therefore without a sim, your ecu will be throwing a code and the car will not function right

1 - 20 of 47 Posts