S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so about a week after i bought the truck, and a few days after makin the dealership pay $900 to replace my injector spider unit and fix the 4x4... my check engine light comes on... so i hook it up to the shop scanner and it says o2 sensor bank 1, sensor 1, heater circuit malfunction. so i replace it. light goes off. 3 days later light comes back on and its the same thing. so i replace it again thinking i got a bad o2 sensor from the parts store. light goes off. light comes back on about 2 days later. so i trace the wiring out to see if i have any loose connections/frayed wires/ect.... all good. so i disconnect battery for 2 mintues and it goes away like it should then about 2 days later it come back on again... so ive just been riding around with it like that for like a month and the truck running a little rough and rich... catalyctic converter doesnt seem to be clogged ive got pressure comming out of the tail pipe.... anyone have a problem with this? bank 1, sensor 1, is the first one on the drivers side right? oh, its a 1998 zr2 cpi 4.3 bone stock

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I have had to replace mine before but never had the light keep coming on. Also if you have a 1998 ZR2 you don't have a CPI motor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah man I have the exact same problem only mine is bank 1 sensor 2. It is driving me crazy! I have replaced as well thinking I had a bad o2 and it has come back on with same code

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah i dont know why i put cpi... i was reading other posts and what not and got my head screwed up

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the maf sensor? dang. how did you figure that one out?

·
***1987 LSX S10***
2,818 Posts
4x4zr2GA said:
the maf sensor? dang. how did you figure that one out?
it only took me a little over a year to figure it out:rant: ......lol:rotf: ... had a buddy of mine throw it on a GM Tech2 and he was reading the numbers the 02's were giving and he checked the MAF and notice it was real high and suggested me try cleaning it or try another stock 1 so i did and BAM:eek: no more o2 codes:cool:

i was pretty dumb founded on it myself too..lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts