S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 93 blazer my o2 is a rusted mess. Can't use a wrench because it's about rounded over from being so rusty.
Was going to put a pipe wrench on it but the tranny pan is in the way so you can't get the right angle.
Anyone got any good tips on removing these?

·
Registered
619 Posts
vise grips if you can get them on it and alot of heat, no torches? just run it up the road alot

sometimes a 6 point socket or six point wrench will still grap too, depending on how badly rounded

·
Registered
561 Posts
Liquid wrench or PB Blaster!!
Hose it down, tap it a few times with a hammer, lock on a good set of vice grips as hard as you possibly can, tap the vice grips in the direction to loosen with a small hammer while turning the vice grips with the other hand.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried vice grips.It even unsprung and hit my hand at one point. Oww.
Exhaust was hot from driving too.

·
Registered
561 Posts

I can not stress enough what a difference a little lubrication can mean!!!! Not oil or WD-40 or anything other than Liquid wrench or PB Blaster!!
Seriously buy some use it a few times you will agree.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it was a nice idea but the thing is just to rounded off. I even got the close end of a wrench around it and it just rounded off.

Then I took a drill and welder under the car, and cut a bolt in half for a new bung. The truck won't own me this day!

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
Heres a secret pen oil used on hi tech, very hot stuff that are stubborn to come apart-

Kroil by Kano Industries.... search yahoo... its amazing

Welder trick is good!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just changed the O2 on my '94. It was rusted solid. Pissed me of. I crawled under there, torches in hand, and it still didn't move. So, I went ot my bolt bin(s) and got me a 3/4-16 nut. Faced it down, radiused it, and grabbed the welder. Just before I cut a hole in the pipe, I thought, why don't I try heating the bung once more. Well, I stayed on it untill the ENTIR thing was cherry red. Snapped on a brand new set of vice grips, and knuckle busted away. I got it out. Fighting it the whole way out. Needless to say, it got a healthy dose of never-sieze on the new one. it is in the factory location though. It was a PITA and took about an hour start to finish. Now, I just have to get a new injector unit and I will be all set. (I have been saying that forever and a day now...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts