S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S10 2.2L Regular everything 5sp.
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished rebuilding my power steering pump and steering gear (2003 2.2LS RWD), but neither rebuild kit came with o-rings for the fittings to the steering gear. Can I use a generic replacement on those?

Anyone know the size or part number?

·
Been there Done it
9,993 Posts
I'm sure if you do a Google search you can find the size or part number. Or your local dealer can provide them. Even if they are ridiculously over priced they can't be that expensive.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I know this is a “stale” thread, but I have a package of 3/8” fuel line o-rings on my desk in front of me. If I understand correctly, there are only 2 - GM o-ring flare diameters: 3/8” (fuel feed); and 5/16” (fuel return). GM power steering systems use the same flare(s), though I do not know the diameter(s).

GM 3/8” fuel line connector o-rings are GM 22514722 / ACDelco 217-452.

I think GM 5/16” fuel line connector o-rings are GM 22516256 / ACDelco 22516256.

·
Registered
2003 S10 2.2L Regular everything 5sp.
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I found a part number for the seals from GM, but the vehicle fit was for the 4.3. I wouldn't think engine size would make a difference in the fittings, but I was looking at ~$7 plus shipping and the closest GM dealership is a bit of a haul for me.

Ended up getting a metric O-ring assortment from AZ and matching them up as best I could. Funny enough I don't remember which size was the one that fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts