S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replace the slave cylinder,line and master cylinde. So not going into gear with pedal push to the floorboard. I did notice that the clutch pedal isn’t as high as the brake peda. All my other manual cars have the pedal either even or above the brake. Any ideas Because I’m stuck. 2004 Chevy blazer with a 4.3 5 speed

·
time to get cereal
5,664 Posts
Did you bleed it?

·
time to get cereal
5,664 Posts
How did you bleed it? You either need two people or a long pipe or pry bar to hold down the pedal while you open the bleeder.

·
Been there Done it
12,487 Posts
Does Motive make an adapter for their pressure bleeder that would fit on the master? I use one on my brakes and it works great. One person can bleed a complete new system with all new lines and calipers in 1/2 an hour. Does use some fluid to even fill it and get started. I pour it back into the bottles when done since it is still clean and put tape around the cap to delay it's water absorption.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I think the clutch is shot. Bled the slave cylinder and the pedal is firm. Looked underneath at the slave and it’s moving when my friend press the clutch pedal. This is what happens when you buy something cheap, lol. Cheap fix though. I just hate to inherit someone else mishaps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, replace the clutch disc and pressure plate, bled the system and it’s still not working. I did notice that the rod for the clutch master cylinder isn’t going in completely. This makes me think that someone before me did something to the pedal. I did a cross reference on the clutch master and it’s all the same for s10 and blazer. Tomorrow I’m going to buy a clutch master cylinder from a full size truck because the rod is longer or go to the local junkyard and pull one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts