S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys i need a little help. I have used search and i cant really seem to find and honest answer. I am in the process of doing a 350 swap. The truck is a 1991 2.8 liter 5 speed. I will be using an nv3500 from a 1998 s10 it has the internal slave cylinder with some sort of quick connect on the line. My current master uses a threaded line on both ends. So can i just have a line made or find an adapter and use my current master cylinder? Or do i need something completely different?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't see why the clutch master cylinder wouldn't work it basicaly just holds fluid.but line wise if you could find a clutch line from a 98 and its metal you could just use the conector end of the 98 line and put a line fiting on it that will conect to your 91 line

·
Girl with wrenches
1,814 Posts
Does the line on the 98 slave have a threaded line to the master? I just swapped an nv3500 from an 05 into my 95 and just pulled off my old slave line and put the 05 line on no problems. If not I don't see why you couldn't get the end on the line changed to fit your master.

·
Head Lifeguard
894 Posts
I'm confused. I put a '97 NV3500 in my '87 that had a 4cyl. I got the '97 line from the internal slave and it fit right into the master. It was just held in by a set pin, no threads. Maybe the 2.8 masters were different? That or the PO replaced the master cylinder with a newer one.

·
bad s-10's brewing
307 Posts
I did the exact same swap couple months ago, I used splices for air brake fittings off a semi truck to adapt the factory plastic line from the internal slave to the metal line that came out of the master cylinder.Its a bulletproof cheap fix, before anyone chimes in that its a bandaid for a gunshot wound kinda fix think about the kind of preasure an air brake system holds.book answer would be to use the late model master cylinder or go to your local hydraulic shop and have a hose made the correct length and with the correct ends on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having a similar issue on a 96 c1500 w/t, rockauto sent an external slave on their mc/sc kit, but it has the concentric internal slave on the wide ratio nv3500, which I've already replaced. How do I go about marrying the mc to the internal slave?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having a similar issue on a 96 c1500 w/t, rockauto sent an external slave on their mc/sc kit, but it has the concentric internal slave on the wide ratio nv3500, which I've already replaced. How do I go about marrying the mc to the internal slave? View attachment 334889
Hi, I’m over in the UK and am just about to install an NV3500 into my ‘66 C10 running a sbc, I’m having a **** of a time trying to find a master cylinder and slave, my trucks currently mechanical linkage, I have found a master from a company called Modern Driveline, but they cannot help with the gearbox end just wondered if anyone had any pointers, I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone can help

Thanks Chevyjay

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I use LUK LSC265B for the slave cylinder. I'm not sure what brands are readily available in the UK or what online retailers sell there. Amazon, RockAuto, and Summit Racing all sell it here in the US for $40-50 USD. eBay might be an OK source too.

That same slave is used on nearly every NV1500, NV3500, and T56 application that GM sold. Again not sure what normal vehicle combos you can find in the UK, but hopefully that helps if the LUK part number doesn't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use LUK LSC265B for the slave cylinder. I'm not sure what brands are readily available in the UK or what online retailers sell there. Amazon, RockAuto, and Summit Racing all sell it here in the US for $40-50 USD. eBay might be an OK source too.

That same slave is used on nearly every NV1500, NV3500, and T56 application that GM sold. Again not sure what normal vehicle combos you can find in the UK, but hopefully that helps if the LUK part number doesn't.
Hey thanks for the reply, I’d that LUK one compatible with the older nv3500 with the clutch arm? Mines the type with an external slave?
Thanks in advance Jason

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The LuK number I gave you is the internal slave.

Looks like LUK LSC119 is the external and those are only $15 USD. Might be able and worth buying stateside and shipping across the pond if you can't find any over there. rockauto.com is pretty easy to use (I looked up 1988 Chevrolet C1500 to find that number) and they give you lots of part numbers that you can cross shop elsewhere. Summit Racing, RockAuto, Amazon, & eBay are my go to when cross shopping part numbers.

I did a quick look on ebay.uk and looks like the LuK can be had for about £30 shipped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The LuK number I gave you is the internal slave.

Looks like LUK LSC119 is the external and those are only $15 USD. Might be able and worth buying stateside and shipping across the pond if you can't find any over there. rockauto.com is pretty easy to use (I looked up 1988 Chevrolet C1500 to find that number) and they give you lots of part numbers that you can cross shop elsewhere. Summit Racing, RockAuto, Amazon, & eBay are my go to when cross shopping part numbers.

I did a quick look on ebay.uk and looks like the LuK can be had for about £30 shipped.
Thanks yes as mines external it might be easier to stick with that, I have used rock auto before and find them very good on getting parts over here, thanks for all your help on this, I’ve not done a tranny upgrade before so looking forward to having a few more gears for the highway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts