S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know there is currently no tuning package out for the 2.2L engine. Hptuners has been promising the release of one for 2 years and it looks like the time is withing the next few months.

What I need you all to do is e-mail you vin to [email protected]

(I understand if some are concerned about sending out their VIN so there is more info from the manafacturers site here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?board=vcmsuite_general;action=display;num=1121414173 )

This will help insure that we will have a tuning package in the near future for the beloved 2.2L engine.

You might ask what the tuning package will do, to answer this you can check out HPtuners.com. I will say that the tuning package will allow the removal of speed limiters, removal of emissions equipment, adjustment of timing, and basically anything computer related. This package will help those who want performance fine tune their truck.

I have no affiliation with HPtuners in any way. I would just love to see this package become available for the 2.2L guys.

·
Super Moderator
20,517 Posts
ya heard the guy, lets git it goin

·
Chrome sucks-Get over it!
850 Posts
Sorry if I'm ignorant, but what could someone do if they got ahold of my vin? I mean I know you could go to a dealer and have new keys cut (I've had to do that for my truck), but what else?

Eric

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheZc said:
They can find out where ur car is located then get a key cut and boom your car is gone
:(
You sir are an idiot you can not find a cars exact location from the VIN, you run no more of a risk parking your car in a public parking lot or leaving it sit overnight in your drive way.

You are sending your VIN because it helps them decide the coding for the vehicles they are going to release their software for, if you don't participate don't be pissed if they pass up on the 2.2L s-10.

I might go on ebay and send the VIN's for the 2.2L's on there :D

·
Completly Useless Truck
2,489 Posts
any idea on the cost of this thing???

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cost is around $500

Yes I know it is expensive but it is not VIN locked so if someone on the forum got one they would have no trouble tuning 100 truck if needed. So get a few buddies rounded up.

The $500 also includes 2 vehicle choices so you could tune the 2.2L when it is released and pretty much any GM v-6 or v-8.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Zq-8_dawg said:
I will say that the tuning package will allow the removal of speed limiters, removal of emissions equipment, adjustment of timing, and basically anything computer related.
Question on the removal of emissions equipment. Is this so you can physically remove emission components and not set the SES light? In NY they are testing all vehicals 96+ for emissions will that effect this? I am not sure how familiar you are this product since you are not the one making it but any idea would help.

·
Super Moderator
20,517 Posts
yes that is correct, remove the cat, will tell the ecu that it is workn functioning, kinda like casper electronic o2 sensor if ya git the idea

·
Super Moderator
20,517 Posts
cmon guys, its just importmaster n I done this, post here when ya sent out email to em with vin number, so can keep track how many emails were sent to em

·
Super Moderator
20,517 Posts
:bump: I kno there are many of youse 2.2, help out...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts