S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm running out of the good ole do-it-yourself mods. All the ones I've done are in my sig (all intake stuff). Can you guys think of any more? I don't really want to put any more money into my SS for a while, I really need a 12-bolt posi for my 68 chevelle! :evilg: Let me know if guys got any DIY mods.

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
Here's how I did it. I unscrewed the mast from the base. Put the mast in a vise, then poped the ball off the end down towards a waste basket on the floor. I then cut off about 8" of the mast with a air grinder, with a cutoff disc on it. I then put a mix of J B weld onto the end of the mast, and put the ball back on the end. My antenna is now 8" lower, and is lower than the top of the roof of the truck. Now it doesn't look like a R/C trk antenna, and the reception hasn't been effected.

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's a good idea xtreme with the antenna. But Lindsay, what are the odds of finding one of those consoles? Any does anybody know of any more performance mods too?

·
Registered
47 Posts
SS4Real - There are a couple of console sources. They are readily available on Ebay. I also happened to find mine at a wreckers site online by just browsing.

·
Urban Menace
121 Posts
Those console work nice. But dont forget the wireing ;-)
Great for the stock look. Seen one on ebay go (w/ wires) for $12!!! Cant beat that....

·
32,797 Posts
Remove the windsheild wipers, they create drag, now the truck will be more areodynamic. It's good for 0.00000000000000009 of a second off your 1/4 mile time.

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
96blazer said:
Remove the windsheild wipers, they create drag, now the truck will be more areodynamic. It's good for 0.00000000000000009 of a second off your 1/4 mile time.
:uhoh: Yes it's all about weight reduction, I'm going to remove my bucket seats and sit on a milk crate next goes the bed! :02redxbla

·
Weeeeeee
2,495 Posts
Not really a mod, but definitely DIY, get some fuel system cleaner and dump that in. If you don't already do it regularly it will restore a little lost power.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.