S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
1/4" wall is a bit overkill anyway. Your frame is only 3/16". Plus that is boxed where your frame isn't. No it won't be as strong as 1/4" wall, obviously, but so long as the fabrication is really good ... sure it will work.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
98SS said:
1/4" wall is a bit overkill anyway. Your frame is only 3/16". Plus that is boxed where your frame isn't. No it won't be as strong as 1/4" wall, obviously, but so long as the fabrication is really good ... sure it will work.
+1

·
Diztorted Dreamz
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a toyota so the frame is boxed, but i think i will go that way, just wanted to do something a little different, not that using box tubing is "different" but you get the picture, plus its cheaper than buying a notch

·
I AM A LUNATIC!
5,924 Posts
futuredragger said:
i have a toyota so the frame is boxed, but i think i will go that way, just wanted to do something a little different, not that using box tubing is "different" but you get the picture, plus its cheaper than buying a notch
i always used 2x4 1/8" wall for my box notches. its way strong enough man.

·
Diztorted Dreamz
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, i would be ordering the tubing from you guys, which brings me to a question are you all backordered on tubing by anychance?

·
I AM A LUNATIC!
5,924 Posts
futuredragger said:
thanks, i would be ordering the tubing from you guys, which brings me to a question are you all backordered on tubing by anychance?
shouldnt be. we have shitloads. what size do you want specifically?

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
hey I just used 2x3 tubing 3/16" wall ...seems to be good for me ...but I had to for crappy reasons ...but I agree the 1/4" would be a bit of overkill ..and im not sure of the 1.5" ...I would personally choose 2"

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
s10nospeed said:
Have you guys ever looked at the frames of your trucks?! You honestly think thats 3/16 steel!
o its like not even close ..haha ...but for your own safety of self/mind

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
s10nospeed said:
Have you guys ever looked at the frames of your trucks?! You honestly think thats 3/16 steel!

Maybe not. Never took a close look, I was just going off what I had heard. Could very well be wrong. Either way, his concern about not using 1/4" is still irrelevant and that's the point I was making.

·
Diztorted Dreamz
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm wanting to do the 1.5 x 3 3/16" wall, would it be hard to make your own notch? I personally think it would be easier than welding an 8pc together but that is just me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts