S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
tuckin' fx4
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 sonoma and i want to bag it so bad but my dad since this is his old truck doesnt want to to bag it because it will leave a big hole in the bed and he dont want me to notch the frame and there is the big one air bags are for only show trucks, is there kits made for s-10s that dont need to be notched and also he said anything lower than 3/4 is too low and i can only lower it 3/4 and it sucks but he might let me bag it if i dont have to cut heres a pic of it though but now i dont have the ugly bug deflector

·
XCENTRIC CUSTOMS!
363 Posts
Air ride technologies Air bar sytem, no notch no cut out bed, and it wont lay on the ground. its about 800 dollars i beileve and its all bolt on. just a little info on that. ill let the other guys give you their opinions but id go with the air bar if you dont want to cut n notch anything.

·
The other "BODY" man
6,277 Posts
You can notch the frame and cut the bed,, weld in a camel hump and get the bed rhino lined, or line X and it looks awesome!

Do a little searching around for people with cut out beds and lined!

also, let him know that with a set up, like the 5 link from suicidedoors.com, that the ride is better than stock, cause the bags are on the lower links!
and you can get higher than stock with the 5 link, and lay out hard if you want!

Also,, You don't have to use the full 8 inches of notch, if you dont' use a large diameter tire!
I have 17, 45 series, 235 wide,
Layed right out, I still have two inches between my axle and the notch, but I'm eventually going to 20's!
So you could get away with only a 6 inch notch maybe!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts