S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
got me some 20s
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i wanna order the 2.25 cnotch for my airbar, but i dont wanna end up bending my driveshaft on the gas tank crossmember lol..is it 100% that its gonna hit with the notch?..and could i mount some bumpstops on the notch just big enough to keep the driveshaft from hitting? thanks..oh and i think sd should make a raised gastank crossmember for the airbar:D

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
guarrenttee'd to hit the gas tank X member once you install a set of notches in the frame. The first gen air bar the driveshaft hits just as the truck lays out in the notches. the second gen setup the driveshaft hits the clamshell bracket when you try to lay it out in the new notches in the frame.

But yeah, suicidedoors SHOULD make a raised gas tank member for the second gen air bars. All they would have to do is weld on 2 link tabs to the member to hold the upper wishbone. No different then there 3 link members other thent he tabs would be in a different location and possiblly length.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
....if i could weld or had access to one, yes... im gonna hafta check out my driveshaft clearance when i get my notch in....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts