S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. IM really tired of doing homework so'll throw up an idea running my head. I am putting EVERYTHING under the bed.Fuel cell and anything I can. I am running the kp 6 link so i have no real need to have a cross member across the notches but support. SO i cant think of anyting to tie them together and look good...

Another problem is i have NO room for air tanks. Can't fit any where stock tank was. Fuel cell goes in the back, exhaust on pass side.. Out of ideas.

Next idea... air tanks as crossmembers and a place to put tanks

what does everything think?.... THis is drawn' to scale. They are SLim 5 gallon tanks. The tubing on top will tie the two together

Ideas.. Yea of nah.. im mixed right now.. and Im bored too.. so tell me what you think..!!!

here is fuel cell

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
if you ran a 2x2 boxed steel between the tanks to each notch, i think it wood werk. dont use the tanks as a x-member tho, stress + compressed air = KABOOM

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yea i get what ur saying... lol.. kaboom = not good on side of road!

edit: i realized what u were saying..

I'll have to think of a way to make that work in there.. hmmm the brain is working agian... (here comes the headache)

edit again:

picture this.. it will be kinda hard.. and i can't get to the image again till tommorrow

looking at the close up of the tanks with the bend like the notch in tubing.. what if i took 2 bars coming off each side of the notch, tie them into the tubing, then run a bar from tubing to tubing. this would allow the notches to be support, hold my air tanks there and have them look free floating (dont weld the tanks to the frame like before)???

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
well those huge holes after the notches wont be good for support ...hahaha...

yea like the guys said before 2x2 tubing is some beefy support

in the drawing you made ...what size tubing are you looking at holding the tanks up?

·
Registered
74 Posts
the forward tank will probably hit the driveshaft. run one behind the axle and get two smaller tanks to put on the outside of the frame like 2 gallon. or just get custom tanks built to where ever u want them

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well at first the tubing connectin each tank to eachother was air line... but since i not gonna have the tanks welded to the frame, im gonna weld 1'' round tubing prob.. not real sure on that.. i'll have to go play with that :)

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im working on the axle for the drawing tommorrow. so i will find that out!. I've looked for on the outside of the frame rail.. no room... I little nervous on getting one made... that is alot of pressure.. and i don't know anyone

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the frame would only get like 2 gallons of air.. or so i remember dave saying.

I have no room under the bed.. i looked john.. hell i even though about mounting a tank where the filler neck was.. no room.

the rear end would hit those.. i'll draw soething up tommorrow.. i like and running in my head

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that is what i was trying to get at

but I came up with this yesterday in physics.. I really like it

the rearend doesn't hit it when laid out. if it does.. I can always tilt it up some more anyway.

the rear xmember will be for shocks... what you all think?

o.. the pictures are .. laid out!

·
SOLD!
3,967 Posts
i still like the two tanks better but that may be kinda tough to pull off and still have it be stong and not have to worry about hurting the tanks at all being where they are... go with the single tank and a decent amount of tubing to make it strong, like you said, you can always add a second tank...

:tup:

·
stone the crow...
3,251 Posts
drps10 said:
the frame would only get like 2 gallons of air.. or so i remember dave saying.

I have no room under the bed.. i looked john.. hell i even though about mounting a tank where the filler neck was.. no room.

the rear end would hit those.. i'll draw soething up tommorrow.. i like and running in my head
ok but having 2 gallons of air in the tank then using a small 3 gallon some where and you have 5.

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i can't find anywhere to put one of those 4 gallon pancake air tanks.. no where.. iv'e tried.. cuz i wanted to do it like that.... but i just order my 5 gallon slim from SD. so.. i'll be doing the last design here kinda soon.. now to bend that tubing like i have :/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts